XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How are the Radios?

Tip us?

altimax98
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 417
Default How are the Radios?

For those of you who switched from another smartphone how are the radios from LG.

I currently have an HTC One and it is passable in my workload, but nothing to write home about. I'm looking at phones now to JUMP with and the N5 is what I really really want but the terrible battery and unknown radios worry me a lot.

So how are you finding them? I don't care about speed, I care about the ability to get and hold signal. Compared to your last device is it better or worse.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk
Phones:
  • Motorola Q, Motorola Q9C, Samsung Omnia, Motorola Droid,
  • HTC Incredible, HTC Thunderbolt, Droid RAZR, Toro, Maguro, HTC One, Note 3
  • Nexus 5, Galaxy S5, HTC One (M8)
Tablets/Other:
  • B&N Nook Color, HP Touchpad, iPad(2012),Nexus7 (12 & 13), Nexus 10, Toshiba Chromebook

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 18024
Quote:
Originally Posted by altimax98 View Post
For those of you who switched from another smartphone how are the radios from LG.

I currently have an HTC One and it is passable in my workload, but nothing to write home about. I'm looking at phones now to JUMP with and the N5 is what I really really want but the terrible battery and unknown radios worry me a lot.

So how are you finding them? I don't care about speed, I care about the ability to get and hold signal. Compared to your last device is it better or worse.

first off, your questions dont go into the general section, they go into the q&a section.

now, whatever you read from bloggers is mostly untrue.

the battery life on the nexus 5 is actually very good. i average about 5-6 hours screen on time. also, im with tmobile in nyc, theres absolutely not a single issue with the radios for me. calls sound great, they dont drop. and data speeds are very fast, i average arounf 30mbps download and 20mbps upload speeds.
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!

altimax98
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22 View Post
first off, your questions dont go into the general section, they go into the q&a section.

now, whatever you read from bloggers is mostly untrue.

the battery life on the nexus 5 is actually very good. i average about 5-6 hours screen on time. also, im with tmobile in nyc, theres absolutely not a single issue with the radios for me. calls sound great, they dont drop. and data speeds are very fast, i average arounf 30mbps download and 20mbps upload speeds.
I don't go on bloggers, I know what I've gotten with other devices (namely the One) and the average I've seen throughout forums. I don't believe in turning off features I use such as location reporting and such. Most I've seen with same/similar usage as I aren't getting great battery life. Top that with the fact that I work in a Studio in the middle of a building and get minimal signal as it is, I have to assume I will get lower then average battery life.

Phones:
  • Motorola Q, Motorola Q9C, Samsung Omnia, Motorola Droid,
  • HTC Incredible, HTC Thunderbolt, Droid RAZR, Toro, Maguro, HTC One, Note 3
  • Nexus 5, Galaxy S5, HTC One (M8)
Tablets/Other:
  • B&N Nook Color, HP Touchpad, iPad(2012),Nexus7 (12 & 13), Nexus 10, Toshiba Chromebook

markdapimp
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 297
Cellular radio is great

WiFI radio is okay not as good as my Galaxy s3 or my iPhone 5C