Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,421 Members 39,009 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to turn on ART?

Tip us?

iantung329
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] How to turn on ART?

Hammerhead (KTU84P), rooted. I tried to turn on ART by going to "developer options" and under select runtime, select ART, then it will ask me to reboot. But after reboot, I come back to the developer options, it still shows "Dalvik".

Anyone can tell me how to turn on ART? Thanks.

GTI6speed
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by iantung329 View Post
Hammerhead (KTU84P), rooted. I tried to turn on ART by going to "developer options" and under select runtime, select ART, then it will ask me to reboot. But after reboot, I come back to the developer options, it still shows "Dalvik".

You're running xposed yes?
The Following User Says Thank You to GTI6speed For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Lethargy
Old
Thanks Meter 1,639
Quote:

By uninstalling Xposed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyphur
You ask us to understand your position. Well if you want to benefit from our experience and time then I think it is only fair that you understand our position.
I actively add ignorant people to my ignore list.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lethargy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

iantung329
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethargy View Post
By uninstalling Xposed.
(face palm)

Xposed is not ART compatible? I can't believe that I am this stupid not to realize this pitfall. Guess I have see if I want ART or Xposed....

Thanks for pointing this out.

TheLastSidekick
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,067

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

XPosed does not currently support ART runtime. You're going to need to uninstall it as said above in order to utilize ART.

Sent from Tapatalk on Nexus 5
Team Inferno (Co-admin)
The Following User Says Thank You to TheLastSidekick For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 11,422
Quote:
(face palm)

Xposed is not ART compatible?
Nope. Dalvik is a "Just-in-Time" run time. This means translation of code happens at the time it happens - when it is needed to be executed. Xposed allows modules to intercept these commands and change them.

ART is not Just-in-time. It does all translation prior to the application running, which means that there is nothing for Xposed to intercept
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

**Sticky Roll-up: All Guides snd Info Threads linked here**

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
art