Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more

Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

[Q] Installed Linaro r61, /sys/android_touch gone and can't create the folder

OP J05HU4

21st August 2014, 09:37 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
So I recently installed Linaro kernelr61 via Franco Kernel Updater, I've been using linaro since r30 and it always has had problems with Sweep to wake and sleep, not setting on boot and whatnot, but I've always found a way to force these options by editing the files in /sys/android_touch, but this time the folder is gone and I can't create it even with SU, I just want to extend the life of the power button on my Nexus 5, so if you know how to activate these options or know about a kernel that has it easier please help.
Appreciate it beforehand
21st August 2014, 09:46 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1,343

2,135 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by J05HU4

So I recently installed Linaro kernelr61 via Franco Kernel Updater, I've been using linaro since r30 and it always has had problems with Sweep to wake and sleep, not setting on boot and whatnot, but I've always found a way to force these options by editing the files in /sys/android_touch, but this time the folder is gone and I can't create it even with SU, I just want to extend the life of the power button on my Nexus 5, so if you know how to activate these options or know about a kernel that has it easier please help.
Appreciate it beforehand

Flash kernel in recovery instead of using the FKU app. The thread has a flashable zip
21st August 2014, 09:51 AM   |  #3  
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 12,213

23,232 posts
More
You can't create in /sys. This Is a directory created and managed by the kernel. This directory is effectively read only. You can edit files but the kernel resets most on a reboot anyway.

If the file you want isn't there, its because the kernel doesn't use it or there is a problem with the kernel, in which case, post in the kernel thtead

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
21st August 2014, 11:03 AM   |  #4  
Flag Somewhere quiet.
Thanks Meter: 2,047

3,440 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

You can't create in /sys. This Is a directory created and managed by the kernel. This directory is effectively read only. You can edit files but the kernel resets most on a reboot anyway.

If the file you want isn't there, its because the kernel doesn't use it or there is a problem with the kernel, in which case, post in the kernel thtead

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Except he doesn't have 10 posts
21st August 2014, 11:07 AM   |  #5  
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 12,213

23,232 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethargy

Except he doesn't have 10 posts

Cant tell that from tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ View ]