Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,742 Members 37,778 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to use Autoruns to decrease Facebook Messenger battery use?

Tip us?

zukа
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 158
Default How to use Autoruns to decrease Facebook Messenger battery use?

Hey guys, I asked over in the Greenify thread but they said 'create another thread cause it's not about Greenify anymore.'

I have a Nexus 5, and I would have liked to Greenify Facebook Messenger and still get push notifications, but I use ART so I can't install XPosed, which is required for that functionality.

I asked if there was any way to accomplish this and someone said:

Quote:
You might be able to use autoruns or autorun manager and try to cut off its receivers, I am not really sure if those would be effective wrt FB, but one can try,
I have no idea what this means or where to start - can anybody help point me in the right direction?

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 10108
Open auto runs. Sort by applications. Open facebook. Look at (and disable as you choose) it's receivers. Receivers are what the app uses to listen to events. For example "startup" "new application installed" "push message received"
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]