Unofficial CM12 for Android One, Disabling Encryption on Nexus 6 – XDA TV

Android One devices have received an Unofficial CyanogenMod … more

Pushbullet Universal Copy/Paste Availabe for Linux, Mac OS X

Pushbullet is one of those useful utilities that once installed, permanently … more

Enable the Hidden Notification LED on the Google Nexus 6!

LED notification lights have existed on Android devices since the very beginnings … more

MX Player Ready to Rock on Lollipop

A good video player should be reliable and free. One of the XDA Community Apps, MX Player, meets both of … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

IMEI lost...nothing works

OP lt1pnyklr

2nd September 2014, 04:36 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Greenville, SC
Thanks Meter: 8

259 posts
More
I've tried flashing cache.img and the latest stock Google image and nothing works. Anything else to try when the typical solutions have failed?
2nd September 2014, 04:58 AM   |  #2  
Flag Chicagoland
Thanks Meter: 2,430

5,770 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lt1pnyklr

I've tried flashing cache.img and the latest stock Google image and nothing works. Anything else to try when the typical solutions have failed?

Do you have a backup of your EFS?
2nd September 2014, 05:01 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Greenville, SC
Thanks Meter: 8

259 posts
More
No...I'm doing this as a favor for a friend. He purchased the phone from someone on Ebay that claimed everything was working fine. When he received the phone it had Android L on it and the guy flashed numerous files to get it to work on Sprint. From the moment he got the phone the imei was missing.

I managed to revert it back to stock, flashed cache img, flashed stock google image of latest nexus software and nothing works network wise. Still shows 0 imei. I even tried flashing the modem with no luck. Not sure what else to try.
2nd September 2014, 05:13 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Developer
New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 9,571

3,472 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:

No...I'm doing this as a favor for a friend. He purchased the phone from someone on Ebay that claimed everything was working fine. When he received the phone it had Android L on it and the guy flashed numerous files to get it to work on Sprint. From the moment he got the phone the imei was missing.

I managed to revert it back to stock, flashed cache img, flashed stock google image of latest nexus software and nothing works network wise. Still shows 0 imei. I even tried flashing the modem with no luck. Not sure what else to try.

Nothing can be done without a backup to restore. He should return the phone to the seller.
2nd September 2014, 05:41 AM   |  #5  
Flag Chicagoland
Thanks Meter: 2,430

5,770 posts
More
Quote:

Yeah unfortunately your friend is SOL. Without a backup, there is no way to get it to work. He needs to contact the ebay seller and try to send it back, otherwise file a dispute.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread