FORUMS

Make Your Network Smart – XDA Xposed Tuesday

We rave about the features and abilities of our smartphones. However, in order for … more

Dr.Ketan Brings The S6 Theme Store To The Note 4

Dr.Ketan has submitted a video to the forums showing a functional port of the Galaxy S6 … more

Do You Have Insurance on Your Smartphone?

While affordable smartphones are becoming more available, the majority of high-end flagships … more

Apple Music Will Increase iTunes Match to 100,000 Songs

The battle for music streaming subscription dominance is starting to really heat … more

IMEI lost...nothing works

259 posts
Thanks Meter: 8

By lt1pnyklr, Senior Member on 2nd September 2014, 03:36 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I've tried flashing cache.img and the latest stock Google image and nothing works. Anything else to try when the typical solutions have failed?

2nd September 2014, 03:58 AM |#2  
Flag Chicagoland
Thanks Meter: 2,670

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lt1pnyklr

I've tried flashing cache.img and the latest stock Google image and nothing works. Anything else to try when the typical solutions have failed?

Do you have a backup of your EFS?
2nd September 2014, 04:01 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Greenville, SC
Thanks Meter: 8

More
No...I'm doing this as a favor for a friend. He purchased the phone from someone on Ebay that claimed everything was working fine. When he received the phone it had Android L on it and the guy flashed numerous files to get it to work on Sprint. From the moment he got the phone the imei was missing.

I managed to revert it back to stock, flashed cache img, flashed stock google image of latest nexus software and nothing works network wise. Still shows 0 imei. I even tried flashing the modem with no luck. Not sure what else to try.
2nd September 2014, 04:13 AM |#4  
Recognized Developer / Forum Moderator
New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 10,590

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

No...I'm doing this as a favor for a friend. He purchased the phone from someone on Ebay that claimed everything was working fine. When he received the phone it had Android L on it and the guy flashed numerous files to get it to work on Sprint. From the moment he got the phone the imei was missing.

I managed to revert it back to stock, flashed cache img, flashed stock google image of latest nexus software and nothing works network wise. Still shows 0 imei. I even tried flashing the modem with no luck. Not sure what else to try.

Nothing can be done without a backup to restore. He should return the phone to the seller.
2nd September 2014, 04:41 AM |#5  
Flag Chicagoland
Thanks Meter: 2,670

More
Quote:

Yeah unfortunately your friend is SOL. Without a backup, there is no way to get it to work. He needs to contact the ebay seller and try to send it back, otherwise file a dispute.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread