Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,319 Members 53,368 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

IMEI lost...nothing works

Tip us?

lt1pnyklr
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default IMEI lost...nothing works

I've tried flashing cache.img and the latest stock Google image and nothing works. Anything else to try when the typical solutions have failed?

_MetalHead_
Old
Thanks Meter 2,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by lt1pnyklr View Post
I've tried flashing cache.img and the latest stock Google image and nothing works. Anything else to try when the typical solutions have failed?
Do you have a backup of your EFS?
\m/(-_-)\m/

lt1pnyklr
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
No...I'm doing this as a favor for a friend. He purchased the phone from someone on Ebay that claimed everything was working fine. When he received the phone it had Android L on it and the guy flashed numerous files to get it to work on Sprint. From the moment he got the phone the imei was missing.

I managed to revert it back to stock, flashed cache img, flashed stock google image of latest nexus software and nothing works network wise. Still shows 0 imei. I even tried flashing the modem with no luck. Not sure what else to try.

upndwn4par
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 9,361
Quote:
No...I'm doing this as a favor for a friend. He purchased the phone from someone on Ebay that claimed everything was working fine. When he received the phone it had Android L on it and the guy flashed numerous files to get it to work on Sprint. From the moment he got the phone the imei was missing.

I managed to revert it back to stock, flashed cache img, flashed stock google image of latest nexus software and nothing works network wise. Still shows 0 imei. I even tried flashing the modem with no luck. Not sure what else to try.
Nothing can be done without a backup to restore. He should return the phone to the seller.

_MetalHead_
Old
Thanks Meter 2,064
Quote:

Yeah unfortunately your friend is SOL. Without a backup, there is no way to get it to work. He needs to contact the ebay seller and try to send it back, otherwise file a dispute.
\m/(-_-)\m/