Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,727 Members 52,666 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to change app video play back quality??

Tip us?

iammrhappy123
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default How to change app video play back quality??

Hey all

I'm trying to find out how I can change the video play back quality on certain apps.

The play back stream quality on chrome sucks balls. I don't know why it isnt forcing my LTE to download them faster.

I know this because I have the data transfer rate in my status bar. When I use the YouTube app, it downloads a lot faster and has better quality. But when I use chrome to watch a video, its total bull.

Any help? Thanks
Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 21,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammrhappy123 View Post
Hey all

I'm trying to find out how I can change the video play back quality on certain apps.

The play back stream quality on chrome sucks balls. I don't know why it isnt forcing my LTE to download them faster.

I know this because I have the data transfer rate in my status bar. When I use the YouTube app, it downloads a lot faster and has better quality. But when I use chrome to watch a video, its total bull.

Any help? Thanks
Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
when youre using chrome to play back a video, it can only go as fast as the site that posted it allows. many sites only allow very slow speeds(especially if its one of those sites that posts new movies for free type of bootlegs). and to change video quality per app, that app needs to have video quality settings, or you can not change it.
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!