XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to change "Verify apps over USB" Setting in "Developer options"

Tip us?

noar23
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Lightbulb How to change "Verify apps over USB" Setting in "Developer options"

If you found that "Verify apps over USB" in "Developer options" can't be unchecked (grayed out), you need to check "Verify Apps" in the "Security" settings first. Then uncheck "Verify over USB", and go back to uncheck "Verify Apps".
This is a MUST for those who want to ROOT their devices via adb tools.

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 7431
What "adb tools"?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Always read the OP's of a thread and the last 2 pages before asking questions, unless there has been an update - in which case, read the last 5 pages!

nexus 5 | SlimKat | ElementalX kernel | Philz Touch Recovery

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

noar23
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
What "adb tools"?

please see http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2507211

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 7431
This uses fastboot. I don't really understand the point of cf-auto-root on the nexus 5 as its so simple anyway. We tend to point people towards chromiums root guide sticky thread in general. I would recommend you use that manual method

Always read the OP's of a thread and the last 2 pages before asking questions, unless there has been an update - in which case, read the last 5 pages!

noar23
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
This uses fastboot. I don't really understand the point of cf-auto-root on the nexus 5 as its so simple anyway. We tend to point people towards chromiums root guide sticky thread in general. I would recommend you use that manual method

One of my friends tried to use CF method to root his Nexus 5. He was not successful because "Verify apps over USB" in "Developer options" was checked and become disable to remove the tick. After searching, I found this simple way to enable "Verify apps over USB" and remove the tick. This resolved the problem and I want to share it via XDA for those who may encounter with such problem when trying to root.

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 7431
Doesn't seem to make much sense because its all done by fastboot when android is not running :/ so setting shouldn't make any difference, however we do hope users on xda do not use cf-auto-root method for the same reason we hope people don't use toolkits. The steps are simple - no need to script them also, manual use of the commands teach people the knowledge they need to resolve issues later on