FORUMS

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

How to check if I have a D820 orD821

45 posts
Thanks Meter: 2
 
By carlos_online, Member on 27th January 2014, 01:43 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hello guys!

I am about to buy the international version of Nexus 5. I REALLY need it to be the international version, that is, D821.

How can I check which version I have once I have it in my hands?

Any help is appreciatted!
 
 
27th January 2014, 02:01 AM |#2  
P.Mobile's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag RhOdE IsLAnD... 401
Thanks Meter: 936
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos_online

Hello guys!

I am about to buy the international version of Nexus 5. I REALLY need it to be the international version, that is, D821.

How can I check which version I have once I have it in my hands?

Any help is appreciatted!

think if u buy it out of the usa the its D821.. USA is D820
27th January 2014, 02:19 AM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by P.Mobile

think if u buy it out of the usa the its D821.. USA is D820

Yeah, I know that, but there are sellers on Ebay and Amazon saying they are selling the "international" version, is there a way to check what version I have?
27th January 2014, 02:24 AM |#4  
El Daddy's Avatar
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Roseville, MN
Thanks Meter: 5,132
 
More
It's marked on the back of the phone below the LG logo.

Sent from my Nexus 5
The Following User Says Thank You to El Daddy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th January 2014, 02:35 AM |#5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Daddy

It's marked on the back of the phone below the LG logo.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Thank you for your answer! Is there any identification in Android showing the version?
27th January 2014, 04:09 AM |#6  
TheAltruistic's Avatar
Senior Member
New York
Thanks Meter: 29
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos_online

Thank you for your answer! Is there any identification in Android showing the version?

The person would have to reboot the phone into the bootloader (aka fastboot). on the 3rd line it'll say "VARIANT- hammerhead D820(h) 32GB" for me. I would guess that it would say D821 for international version, but I wonder if someone else can confirm for us.

To reboot into the bootloader just hold down the volume down button as your device powers on.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheAltruistic For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th January 2014, 07:41 AM |#7  
iamelton's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 430
 
More
this is the 3rd line in my bootloader screen:
VARIANT - hammerhead D821(H) 16GB
The Following User Says Thank You to iamelton For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd July 2015, 08:25 PM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
See Regulatory Information
If you go to the Setings, click on about phone, click on Regulatory information, you will see the "FCC ID" which will include the Model #.
2nd July 2015, 11:59 PM |#9  
jd1639's Avatar
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 4,882
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poeticwisdom

If you go to the Setings, click on about phone, click on Regulatory information, you will see the "FCC ID" which will include the Model #.

I see you're Johnny on the spot. Best to check how old threads are before posting

Sent from my Nexus 9 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes