Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,340 Members 43,364 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to use these flag emojis on Nexus 5?

Tip us?

landsofwinter
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] How to use these flag emojis on Nexus 5?

Hello, I've always wondered why my Nexus 5 can't view flag emoji's, I figured it's just not part of the OS. However, earlier today I spotted someone using a flag on Instagram that I was actually able to see, after some research I ran into this image and the flags that are on this image are the same ones that I saw on Instagram. Which makes me wonder why can I see them but not use them? They're labelled as "Google's codepoints". Is there anyway I can use these or incorporate them into my phone? Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	emoji.png
Views:	42
Size:	186.4 KB
ID:	2876092  

Oirammario12345
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Is the person who used those emoji's on iOS? If so the reason you can't use them is because Google decided to remove them and replace them with the letters that represent countries instead. (IIRC)

I think you might be able to use kii keyboard or something and download a custom emoji plugin that's not based on google and you'll have it.

landsofwinter
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I'm not sure if the person was using iOS or not, I doubt it though cause I was able to see the flag, and that never happens. Also, I know I can download emoji plugins for keyboards but they only support the iOS flags, I just want to figure out how I can use the ones listed under "Google's codepoints" as I'm 100% sure I can view those flags, but they're not on my keyboard. :/

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app