5,605,835 Members 47,681 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to MERGE old call logs, whatsapp chat data from iPhone with Nexus

Tip us?

sami1255
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question [Q] How to MERGE old call logs, whatsapp chat data from iPhone with Nexus

After good 3 years I have shifted gears to Nexus 5 and using it for a week now.

My questions is how can I MERGE old call logs of iphone and move it to nexus 5. I want to keep whats currently on my Nexus 5 and don't want to lose it.

How can I achieve this ? I'll really appreciate some help in moving to a new echo system of android.

egofreak
Old
(Last edited by egofreak; 3rd January 2014 at 11:53 PM.)
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by sami1255 View Post
After good 3 years I have shifted gears to Nexus 5 and using it for a week now.

My questions is how can I MERGE old call logs of iphone and move it to nexus 5. I want to keep whats currently on my Nexus 5 and don't want to lose it.

How can I achieve this ? I'll really appreciate some help in moving to a new echo system of android.
Your call logs? Did you mean phonebook( Your contacts) or call logs? Call logs dont typically hold more than the last handful of calls, so transferring them seems a bit silly.

EDIT: And sadly, you are out of luck with whats app
"Note: You cannot restore chat history from any other phone type to Android, or from Android to another phone type"
http://www.whatsapp.com/faq/android/20902622
Devices:
Nexus 5 16gb Black
ROM:Cataclysm+Xposed
Kernel: Franco RXX( Franco updates so often I got tired of changing the number )

Htc ThunderBolt(Retired)
ROM: Long since forgotten
Kernel: Huh? uh..forgot which one at this point.
Radio:MR3

Galaxy tab(sprint)
Rom:CM9
Kernel:CM9 standard
Radio: Radio? I use it as a wifi tab.

Router:WRT300N rev1
Firmware: DD-WRT (std)

sami1255
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by egofreak View Post
Your call logs? Did you mean phonebook( Your contacts) or call logs? Call logs dont typically hold more than the last handful of calls, so transferring them seems a bit silly.

EDIT: And sadly, you are out of luck with whats app
"Note: You cannot restore chat history from any other phone type to Android, or from Android to another phone type"
http://www.whatsapp.com/faq/android/20902622
Thanks for the reply.

call logs like, call history ! recent calls, dialed numbers, received calls etc. Not phone book. I have all my contacts at google accounts already.
The Following User Says Thank You to sami1255 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]