Nvidia and Robotics w/ Barrett Williams – XDA:DevCon 2014

Robotics continues to dominate our videos from this years XDA:DevCon 2014 in … more

Speed Up Deodexing with JoelDroid Batch Deodexer

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings many under-the-hood changes like changing the default compiler … more

Top 5 Apps for 2014 + Top Xposed Mod of 2014 – XDA TV

Its that time of year where you look back and remember the things that happened … more

NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Unhappy Problems with WiFi nexus 5

OP Kenshiro79

29th April 2014, 07:28 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 38

308 posts
More
I am trying in all ways. But I do not understand why do not you connect to wifi most of my house. The PC is connected, the PS3 also. But my nexus 5 no! I formatted several times putting the stock and also the custom rom. But the problem persists!

What do you recommend?
29th April 2014, 08:15 PM   |  #2  
Flag Spartanburg
Thanks Meter: 6

48 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshiro79

I am trying in all ways. But I do not understand why do not you connect to wifi most of my house. The PC is connected, the PS3 also. But my nexus 5 no! I formatted several times putting the stock and also the custom rom. But the problem persists!

What do you recommend?

First, reboot your router and modem, and after that, reboot your phone completely. It may be as simple as that.
29th April 2014, 09:18 PM   |  #3  
wash dc
Thanks Meter: 22

158 posts
More
also, try disabling / re-enabling the pc's network access, (if it's windows vista / 7 up) i noticed this OS has a way of locking the network where other devices can't gain an IP addy.. especially if it's been on for a long period of time.

i had a vista laptop in my home which was in the corner connected to wifi i rarely turn it off, i got home one day & tried to connect my linux laptop & couldn't exstablish a connection, right wpa password & the works;

even rebooted the router & still...

i went into the basement where that laptop was, & rebooted it, then went back upstairs to my regular laptop, & gained a IP addy..
justinisloco
29th April 2014, 09:32 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshiro79

What do you recommend?

Can your phone not find it? Or not connect to it?

If it can't find it, try above.

If it can't connect, maybe the WEP Key has changed?
30th April 2014, 02:41 AM   |  #5  
Flag Hamburg/istanbul
Thanks Meter: 3

23 posts
As he said his PS3 and his PC connects to WIFI so his N5 is the problem
Go into WIFI settings by pressing the WIFI symbol in the statusbar then press the three dots at the right corner on bottom, choose advanced and change the WFI frequency band just try the differnt settings you can make this may helps you to solve your problem
2nd May 2014, 09:21 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 34

239 posts
More
My N5 won't scan for WiFi networks. I have to type them in manually :/

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread