5,604,443 Members 48,441 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to Play Music via Nexus 5 in Car

Tip us?

bekyndnunwind
Old
(Last edited by bekyndnunwind; 5th January 2014 at 11:39 PM.)
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by sami1255 View Post
Yep its 2011 nissan altima having bose audio system. So I believe I am out of luck. Basically you select a car on basis of several other factors. Phone connectivity wouldve been the last thing I would notice and in those days I was connecting iphone 4 without a problem.

Its more of a problem of phone manufacturer to make sure that it is considered as a usb music player when connected to a device.
These days all cars come with bluetooth though. No manufacturer is going to do this, as wires are quickly becoming a thing of the past...

That Bluetooth kit you ordered looks awesome though! Good luck with it.

Now if only manufacturers would start putting Qi charging areas in cars, that is an idea I could get behind!

MattSkeet
Old
Thanks Meter 118
What happened to the aux input? I've been using it in all my cars for years now.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

wapvirus
Old
Thanks Meter 68
My ford head up unit works with my nexus 7 over Bluetooth have you paired the phone then checked the settings while paired make sure all options are enabled

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e
Viper S 5.0.0 Sense 5 JB Pro
S-Off Super CID
Revolutionary

HBOOT-1.27.1100
Radio-11.24a 3504.31_M

Kernel: SebastianFM kernel 1.0.3
MODS: Crossbreeder MultiSwap

My Beats Inspired Wallpapers for Sensation

daLareid
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
It doesn't work. The car bluetooth only take phone calls and doesn't support music playback.

If theres a kit of some sort.. anything ! I'll get it but I haven't been able to play music while driving for days now. Shouldve got iphone 5s instead, what a shame !
lol should have gotten a better car audio system instead, I mean if your unit doesn't support bluetooth audio playback how would an ifruit5s help?

sami1255
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by daLareid View Post
lol should have gotten a better car audio system instead, I mean if your unit doesn't support bluetooth audio playback how would an ifruit5s help?
Its a factory installed bose and has awesome quality audio. I have friends who own range rovers, jaguars with sony and pioneer audio systems and everyone agree that audio quality of my car is the best. It works awesome with usb with iphones. it doesn't detect android !

daLareid
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Its a factory installed bose and has awesome quality audio. I have friends who own range rovers, jaguars with sony and pioneer audio systems and everyone agree that audio quality of my car is the best. It works awesome with usb with iphones. it doesn't detect android !
Well if it is a BOSE then no wonder because it's one of the best when it comes to audio. From my experience you get better sound quality when using an aux (3.5mm jack) cable when connecting your device compared to USB or Bluetooth. So if it has an aux input you should take advantage of it so you can get more quality and also higher volumes

Alex240188
Old
Thanks Meter 631
This post makes no sense. How does aux give you a better sound than USB or Bluetooth.
Aux is an analog signal where USB and Bluetooth are both digital.
The order of quality should go from best to worse below
USB > Bluetooth > Aux > FM adapter

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

wideasleep1
Old
Thanks Meter 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex240188 View Post
This post makes no sense. How does aux give you a better sound than USB or Bluetooth.
Aux is an analog signal where USB and Bluetooth are both digital.
The order of quality should go from best to worse below
USB > Bluetooth > Aux > FM adapter

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
Potential for interference in the path to 'analog' audio.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
B/W Sidekick/Color Sidekick2/TMO MDA/TMO Dash/G1/Nexus 1/Sensation/SGS3/Nexus 4/Nexus 5