How To solve BootLoop

Search This thread

radar155

Jan 8, 2014
hi people,
i am a new member of this forum so i can't yet post in "development area".
lt
i hope i can have the answer of my question in general area.

yesterday i update the last CM11 nyghtly and then i flash franco kernel. the result?? a BRUTAL bootloop.. nexus 5 was blocked on google logo.
in the cm11 thread lot's of other users have the same problem.. (only with last cm11 nightly)

i was unable to shutdown nexus 5 and i was unable to do everything..no recovery,no nothing!!! so the solution (for me) was to wait until the battery was totaly discharged. then i charge battery a little bit and then i went into recovery mode and fix everything flashing an old cm11 nyghtly.

the question is: the only solution in this case is this? when i am in a brutal bootloop, that doesn't allow me to do anything, i can only wait for total battery discarge?? is there any other method to enter in recovery or to shot down nexus?

p.s. i think that when the display shows google logo adb is not usable. but i am not so sure about that.

pps sorry if my english is not so perfect..:cyclops:

radar155

Jan 8, 2014
power+voldown wasn't working too.. nexus was completly locked. i was unable to do anything. no recovery, no shutdown..the only solution was to attend the discharging of battery

Alex240188

May 4, 2010
Hull
Well I don't mean to mock you here but it is very unlikely that the power button holding doesn't work.
I mean it's baked in even before the bootloader so if that isn't working then you have something seriously wrong with your phone!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

radar155

Jan 8, 2014
You have to wait around 10s. Is it what you did?
i did it! i pressed for 20, 30 seconds power button (alone and also with volumedown)

Well I don't mean to mock you here but it is very unlikely that the power button holding doesn't work.
I mean it's baked in even before the bootloader so if that isn't working then you have something seriously wrong with your phone!
yes but it's so strange. it's difficoult to think that is a phone problem :S.