Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,393 Members 53,835 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to unlock LTE bands,so my Nexus 5 can be used in China Mobile's 4G TD-LTE

Tip us?

doraemon616
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] How to unlock LTE bands,so my Nexus 5 can be used in China Mobile's 4G TD-LTE

Help, I'm using Nexus 5 Field Test Mode to unlock BAND 41 can not enable China Mobile 4G TD-LTE, 3G TD-SCDMA! How to unlock LTE bands, so my Nexus 5 can be used in China Mobile's 4G TD-LTE, 3G TD-SCDMA! That gives tutorials and address!
求助,我使用Nexus 5 Field Test Mode 解开BAND 41无法启用中国移动4G TD-LTE,3G TD-SCDMA!如何才能解开LTE频段,让我的Nexus 5可以在使用中国移动的4G TD-LTE,3G TD-SCDMA!知道的给出教程和地址!

markdapimp
Old
Thanks Meter 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by doraemon616 View Post
Help, I'm using Nexus 5 Field Test Mode to unlock BAND 41 can not enable China Mobile 4G TD-LTE, 3G TD-SCDMA! How to unlock LTE bands, so my Nexus 5 can be used in China Mobile's 4G TD-LTE, 3G TD-SCDMA! That gives tutorials and address!
求助,我使用Nexus 5 Field Test Mode 解开BAND 41无法启用中国移动4G TD-LTE,3G TD-SCDMA!如何才能解开LTE频段,让我的Nexus 5可以在使用中国移动的4G TD-LTE,3G TD-SCDMA!知道的给出教程和地址!
There is no unlocking that is need to be done
as the Device is already Unlocked at the LTE band 41

However there are two versions of the Nexus 5 the North American and one for the rest of the world

North America:
GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
CDMA: Band Class: 0/1/10
WCDMA: Bands: 1/2/4/5/6/8/19
LTE: Bands: 1/2/4/5/17/19/25/26/41

Rest of World:
GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
WCDMA: Bands: 1/2/4/5/6/8
LTE: Bands: 1/3/5/7/8/20

Please make sure you do indeed have the North American version d280 and not the d281
if you do have the North American version try adding/checking your mobile operators APN settings if that does not work i suggest try to get a new Sim card
Devices: Nexus 5 (Sold) 1X
Nexus 5
HTC One

doraemon616
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
My phone is the U.S. version of LG-D820, I have replaced the China Mobile 4G SIM card, also opened a 4G package, but still only use 2G networks

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 11,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by markdapimp View Post
LTE: Bands: 1/2/4/5/17/19/25/26/41
Something wrong there because the 8974 radio wtr1605L can only manage 7 LTE frequencies

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

**Sticky Roll-up: All Guides snd Info Threads linked here**

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

markdapimp
Old
Thanks Meter 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
Something wrong there because the 8974 radio wtr1605L can only manage 7 LTE frequencies

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit
Taken that straight from google http://www.google.com/nexus/5/
click tech specs
Devices: Nexus 5 (Sold) 1X
Nexus 5
HTC One

rootSU
Old
(Last edited by rootSU; 7th January 2014 at 09:13 AM.)
Thanks Meter 11,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by markdapimp View Post
Taken that straight from google http://www.google.com/nexus/5/
click tech specs
In which case, either

1) Google are wrong - The WRT1605L packaged within the 8974 for the Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 is capable of only 7 LTE bands. This is teh first chip that can do this.

2) Google are not being clear with their specs and perhaps omitting that a few carrier released versions are programmed differently.

Edit > Here is a D820 box, with 7 LTE bands listed on it:

https://05526033536925262031.googleg...rrrKzoMttwm-eA
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

**Sticky Roll-up: All Guides snd Info Threads linked here**

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

caglarborklu
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default China Unicom

Go to China Unicom... China Mobile sucks...

n5laowai
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default N5 North America use with China Mobile 4g

Just picked up a China Mobile 4g card and like the user above am only able to use the edge service. They told me that I had to buy a phone form them to use the 4G service. Will be going back with somebody who speaks better Chinese eventually though.

dr2001
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by doraemon616 View Post
Just go to Chinese forums of Nexus 5, there are plenty of discussion of it.

Due to
1. China Mobile have 3 bands (39/40/41, 41 is super set of 38) been allocated, and Nexus 5 supports only band 41, for LTE-TDD.
So, first of all, you MUST MAKE SURE China Mobile is USING band 41 to provide LTE-TDD where you have your tests.

2. Nexus 5 does not support TD-SCDMA, and it seems do not support FR-CSFB. (or China Mobile did not support it yet.)
So, N5 can not go to LTE automatically through the route: 2G (GSM) -> 3G (TDSCDMA) -> 4G(LTE-TDD).
You MUST using *#*#4636#*#*, select "LTE Only" to force it connect to LTE, and then using "LTE/GSM auto (PRL)" to enable it using CSFB for incoming/outgoing voice service.

Ensure you have 4G USIM card and enabled 4G service using SMS.