Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] How to unlock LTE bands,so my Nexus 5 can be used in China Mobile's 4G TD-LTE

OP doraemon616

11th November 2014, 04:02 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 83

127 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wideawakenow

I live in China and am in the market for a new phone. My HTC Desire HD is getting rather cranky in its old age.

Investigating 4G here, I've found that the mainland uses its own band, which no other country uses. Everything I've read about it says that even if you buy a phone in Hong Kong, its 4G won't work here. Now, I have seen some phones advertised on HK websites that say they can use both HK and mainland 4G, but I haven't been able to confirm that on any manufacturer sites. Not to mention, they were substantially more expensive.

Luckily there are some Chinese brands that are really improving their wares. The Huawei Ascend Mate 7 is one, and the XiaoMi Mi4 is another. I'm still wary of buying one though, mostly because, while it will have English, everything on it will be set up for Chinese consumers.

I'll keep looking into it because ideally, I'd really like to have a Nexus 6, or Droid Turbo with 4G that works here.

I'm not sure if the Nexus 5's chipset has bands that are compatible with the Chinese 4G standard TD-LTE (LTE TDD), this thread that talks about adding different bands not originally setup on the N5. Another LINK that may help that discusses the N5 on Chinese 4G networks you may need Google Translate.
11th November 2014, 04:12 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by closedcircuit

I'm not sure if the Nexus 5's chipset has bands that are compatible with the Chinese 4G standard TD-LTE (LTE TDD), this thread that talks about adding different bands not originally setup on the N5. Another LINK that may help that discusses the N5 on Chinese 4G networks you may need Google Translate.

I'm looking to get the Nexus 6, not the Nexus 5.

The Nexus 6 has a US version and an international version. From what I've found online, the international version will actually be able to use the Chinese mainland LTE bands! I'm quite happy about that!
11th November 2014, 09:28 AM   |  #13  
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 13,806

24,987 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wideawakenow

I'm looking to get the Nexus 6, not the Nexus 5.

The Nexus 6 has a US version and an international version. From what I've found online, the international version will actually be able to use the Chinese mainland LTE bands! I'm quite happy about that!

We this is the nexus 5 forum. The nexus 6 has a different SoC so nothing here can be assumed as valid for you.
The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread