XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to update to 4.4.1?

Tip us?

hotleadsingerguy
Old
Thanks Meter 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
Then your recovery is broken. Look at the how to flash factory images sticky in General and fastboot flash a fixed recovery.

Nothing to do with the fact that this is another OTA thread when there is an OTA sticky. The guide is not useless, your phone is.
And, as I mentioned, I haven't modified a thing on the phone. If my recovery is broken, it was broken from the factory.

And, again, the guide had nothing to do with that. If anyone else has the issue (which people are having, according to a few other topics I've seen), the guide makes no account for it -- for anyone with the issue, the guide is of no help.

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 7399
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotleadsingerguy View Post
And, as I mentioned, I haven't modified a thing on the phone. If my recovery is broken, it was broken from the factory.
I never said it was anything to do with what you had done or when it had broken.

Quote:
And, again, the guide had nothing to do with that. If anyone else has the issue (which people are having, according to a few other topics I've seen), the guide makes no account for it -- for anyone with the issue, the guide is of no help.
And why would it? It also doesn't help people with a smashed screen or broken volume buttons. The guide is a guide to do what needs to be done on a fully working phone. It does NOT need to cover every fault that someone might have that prevents them doing the things in the guide. The fact your phone is broken bears no relevance to the usefulness of the guide. Besides, I already advised you what you could try to fix it.

Anyway, this thread is a duplicate and I have requested it be closed.
Always read the OP's of a thread and the last 2 pages before asking questions, unless there has been an update - in which case, read the last 5 pages!

nexus 5 | SlimKat | ElementalX kernel | Philz Touch Recovery

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

akmsr
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Oh, I didn't realize the guide explained how to fix it if something happened to your recovery. If so, I redact my statement.

(Obviously that's sarcasm and I don't redact my statement, since it doesn't do that)

My phone is completely bone-stock. I haven't rooted or unlocked. It doesn't boot into recovery using the method listed in the guide, and booting into the system menu and selecting Recovery just boots the phone normally for me.
hi
i am a noob. my phone is also compleely stock. not rooted and locked. i just activated with my carrier and downloaded speedtest. thats it. i have android sdk and platform tools and universal naked driver with adb support installed on my pc.
Code:
adb boot recovery
takes me to recovery. and i side loaded from there.