Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,979 Members 46,629 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to upgrade to 4.4.3 !?

Tip us?

dec1153
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
http://nexus5.wonderhowto.com/how-to...-data-0155334/

Can I use this and follow step by step?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 10070
Quote:
Originally Posted by dec1153 View Post
http://nexus5.wonderhowto.com/how-to...-data-0155334/

Can I use this and follow step by step?

No.

It uses a toolkit. Have you used a toolkit before?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

dec1153
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
No.

It uses a toolkit. Have you used a toolkit before?

So why can't I use this?

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 10070
Quote:
So why can't I use this?

Because it uses a toolkit. Have you used a toolkit before?

Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

dec1153
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Yes the instructions and vid are very clear so basically I follow step by step along with the vid. Seems much easier ....

Macbook386
Old
Thanks Meter 2
hello

i have just one question, just for information. what is included in the cache.img file, is it safe to flash or do i lose any data.

thanks in advance

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 10070
Quote:
Yes the instructions and vid are very clear so basically I follow step by step along with the vid. Seems much easier ....

Do that then. Don't expect any more help from us though. If you refuse to do it properly, you're on your own.

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macbook386 View Post
hello

i have just one question, just for information. what is included in the cache.img file, is it safe to flash or do i lose any data.

thanks in advance
System, boot and radio are all that's needed. Don't even really need to do radio.

The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PsychDrummer
Old
(Last edited by PsychDrummer; 4th June 2014 at 06:13 PM.)
Thanks Meter 79
Quote:

Multiple people in this thread already pointed you in the right direction. The problem with toolkits is that you don't actually learn the process and if something goes wrong you will come directly back here like many other people freaking out. Believe me, I have used toolkits before on my S3 and it was much more rewarding learning to do it manual. This way you might be able to fix whatever is wrong with your phone in case you mess up.

Edit: Also, I'm assuming you used a toolkit to root your device/install custom recovery in the first place. Otherwise you would have found the process in the links provided to be very simple. All you do is uninstall xposed framework within the app which reverts all your previous settings, then flash the OTA. Afterwards if you lost your custom recovery (which I didn't for some reason) you flash that followed by the superSU.zip.
The Following User Says Thank You to PsychDrummer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 10070
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychDrummer View Post
Multiple people in this thread already pointed you in the right direction. The problem with toolkits is that you don't actually learn the process and if something goes wrong you will come directly back here like many other people freaking out. Believe me, I have used toolkits before on my S3 and it was much more rewarding learning to do it manual. This way you might be able to fix whatever is wrong with your phone in case you mess up.

Edit: Also, I'm assuming you used a toolkit to root your device/install custom recovery in the first place. Otherwise you would have found the process in the links provided to be very simple. All you do is uninstall xposed framework within the app which reverts all your previous settings, then flash the OTA. Afterwords if you lost your custom recovery (which I didn't for some reason) you flash that followed by the superSU.zip.
Exactly! Fastboot is a basic MUST know for all root users. Using Toolkits leads to not knowing these basic principles. This in turn leads to spoonfeed threads like this which isn't fair on us.

Added now that we even tried to correct the OP's "error" by teaching fastboot yet he still refuses to learn. Meaning any further help required will be a drain on this forum. Many of us won't spoon feed someone who is unwilling to learn. This unwillingness is against the spirit of xda, which is a development forum, not a "cool my phone" forum.

Well, I'm out of this and all future threads. Won't help people who refuse to follow advice, refuse to learn and constantly after the quickest fix.