Post Reply

How to upgrade to 4.4.3 !?

OP dec1153

4th June 2014, 05:53 PM   |  #21  
OP Senior Member
Flag Southport
Thanks Meter: 10
 
225 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
More
http://nexus5.wonderhowto.com/how-to...-data-0155334/


Can I use this and follow step by step?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
4th June 2014, 05:56 PM   |  #22  
rootSU's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 12,149
 
23,137 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dec1153

http://nexus5.wonderhowto.com/how-to...-data-0155334/


Can I use this and follow step by step?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

No.

It uses a toolkit. Have you used a toolkit before?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
4th June 2014, 05:57 PM   |  #23  
OP Senior Member
Flag Southport
Thanks Meter: 10
 
225 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

No.

It uses a toolkit. Have you used a toolkit before?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

So why can't I use this?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
4th June 2014, 05:57 PM   |  #24  
rootSU's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 12,149
 
23,137 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dec1153

So why can't I use this?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Because it uses a toolkit. Have you used a toolkit before?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
4th June 2014, 05:58 PM   |  #25  
OP Senior Member
Flag Southport
Thanks Meter: 10
 
225 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
More
Yes the instructions and vid are very clear so basically I follow step by step along with the vid. Seems much easier ....

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
4th June 2014, 05:58 PM   |  #26  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
11 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
hello

i have just one question, just for information. what is included in the cache.img file, is it safe to flash or do i lose any data.

thanks in advance
4th June 2014, 06:00 PM   |  #27  
rootSU's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 12,149
 
23,137 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dec1153

Yes the instructions and vid are very clear so basically I follow step by step along with the vid. Seems much easier ....

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Do that then. Don't expect any more help from us though. If you refuse to do it properly, you're on your own.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macbook386

hello

i have just one question, just for information. what is included in the cache.img file, is it safe to flash or do i lose any data.

thanks in advance

System, boot and radio are all that's needed. Don't even really need to do radio.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th June 2014, 06:10 PM   |  #28  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 109
 
670 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by dec1153

Yes the instructions and vid are very clear so basically I follow step by step along with the vid. Seems much easier ....

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Multiple people in this thread already pointed you in the right direction. The problem with toolkits is that you don't actually learn the process and if something goes wrong you will come directly back here like many other people freaking out. Believe me, I have used toolkits before on my S3 and it was much more rewarding learning to do it manual. This way you might be able to fix whatever is wrong with your phone in case you mess up.

Edit: Also, I'm assuming you used a toolkit to root your device/install custom recovery in the first place. Otherwise you would have found the process in the links provided to be very simple. All you do is uninstall xposed framework within the app which reverts all your previous settings, then flash the OTA. Afterwards if you lost your custom recovery (which I didn't for some reason) you flash that followed by the superSU.zip.
Last edited by PsychDrummer; 4th June 2014 at 06:13 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to PsychDrummer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th June 2014, 06:17 PM   |  #29  
rootSU's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 12,149
 
23,137 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychDrummer

Multiple people in this thread already pointed you in the right direction. The problem with toolkits is that you don't actually learn the process and if something goes wrong you will come directly back here like many other people freaking out. Believe me, I have used toolkits before on my S3 and it was much more rewarding learning to do it manual. This way you might be able to fix whatever is wrong with your phone in case you mess up.

Edit: Also, I'm assuming you used a toolkit to root your device/install custom recovery in the first place. Otherwise you would have found the process in the links provided to be very simple. All you do is uninstall xposed framework within the app which reverts all your previous settings, then flash the OTA. Afterwords if you lost your custom recovery (which I didn't for some reason) you flash that followed by the superSU.zip.

Exactly! Fastboot is a basic MUST know for all root users. Using Toolkits leads to not knowing these basic principles. This in turn leads to spoonfeed threads like this which isn't fair on us.

Added now that we even tried to correct the OP's "error" by teaching fastboot yet he still refuses to learn. Meaning any further help required will be a drain on this forum. Many of us won't spoon feed someone who is unwilling to learn. This unwillingness is against the spirit of xda, which is a development forum, not a "cool my phone" forum.

Well, I'm out of this and all future threads. Won't help people who refuse to follow advice, refuse to learn and constantly after the quickest fix.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Nexus 5 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank