[HOW TO] Watch MKV video on Nexus 5 without converting it

Tip us?

MatrixITA
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default [HOW TO] Watch MKV video on Nexus 5 without converting it

Hi everybody!
I read here and in other sites that people use video converter to watch their mkv files because the stock video players (photo and gallery) cannot reproduce the audio track. This is true. But we just need an app to watch these videos.

MX Player gives us the possibility to watch mkv (hd and full hd video). No need to convert it or to install codecs.
When the mkv starts just tap on the note icon on the right corner and select "USE AUDIO S/W DECODER" (something like this, cause I have it in Italian) and you will see and listen your mkv video.

I'm not related to mx player and i don't want to advertise it, but this is the software i use, maybe there are other software that work too.

Hit thanks if I helped you

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...videoplayer.ad
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MatrixITA For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tien113
Old
Thanks Meter 7
MX Player can watch almost video file include mkv file. Why we have to convert it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Google Nexus 5 32GB White
CWM+rooted
stock ROM + Franco r33 kernel
dalvik+bionic library optimization
Xposed+APM+GravityBox+NotifyClean+Greenify
disable fast dormancy
KRT01B Radio (Radio 4.4.2 suck)

MatrixITA
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
I wrote this post because i read on a lot of sites, included another thread in xda that users couldn't listen to mkv files. Nobody answered to these people that didn't know mx player is the solution, so that's why i wrote this post