Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,702 Members 45,714 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Htc sence 5.0

Tip us?

nisu4717
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 94
Default Htc sence 5.0

Any1 knows
Is there sence 5.0 port for n5
Sent from my LT26i using xda premium

NaterTots
Old
Thanks Meter 644
I guess I don't get this. Everyone who buys an HTC, Samsung, LG or Sony want straight android to run on it. Now those with Google phones want another manufacturers overlay.

Sent from my EVO using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
HTC EVO 4G - Sold
HTC EVO 4G LTE - Sold
HTC EVO 4G LTE - Sold
Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Sold
Nokia 521- Sold
HTC First - Stock
Google N7 2012
Google Nexus 5
OnePlus One 64GB
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NaterTots For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

crachel
Old
Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 2,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaterTots View Post
I guess I don't get this. Everyone who buys an HTC, Samsung, LG or Sony want straight android to run on it. Now those with Google phones want another manufacturers overlay.

yep.. 5 years ago, "porting" these features to phones they didn't belong on made sense. people spent a lot of time doing it. but now that most carriers are saturated with Samsung, HTC, LG, Sony, basically you name it and that's not even to mention unlocked devices, it does seem like an oddity and a complete waste of time

moto x: 4.4 | flo: 4.4

other: Chromecast | Chromebook | System76 | MacBook Air

former: hammerhead | m7 | mako | Kindle Fire | CR-48 | Revue | grouper | maguro | crespo | passion | GT-I9100 | vision | rhodium | kaiser

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 11,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by crachel View Post
a complete waste of time
One may even say it was senseless...

RDRR
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

**Sticky Roll-up: All Guides snd Info Threads linked here**

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GUGUITOMTG4
Old
Thanks Meter 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by nisu4717 View Post
Any1 knows
Is there sence 5.0 port for n5
Sent from my LT26i using xda premium
AS HTC has not comparable chipset to the Nexus5 and Kitkat is new on the HTC One, That makes it harder to port it.
Also it seems like there's not interest to work on that.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -{()}- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

yyz71
Old
Thanks Meter 371
Quote:

I don't get either
Phone Nexus 5 32Gb
Rom Stock Deodexed 4.4.4
Kernel ElementalX-N5- 1.00
Carrier Wind Mobile 4g

wolfu11
Old
(Last edited by wolfu11; 19th March 2014 at 06:19 PM.)
Thanks Meter 143

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

I get it, just because something is hard doesn't mean it shouldn't be done.
There are some neat manufacturer features which would make our phones better, example Wifi Calling.
The code for that has been released for a long time yet it's not something google wants to approach.
Nexus 5 isn't pure android it's pure Google with it's own custom launcher so with that why not add some other neat features and launchers why let google control what this phone should be?
This phone was made to be a developer phone so why not develop it to it's fullest potential I'm running a rom based off Nexus 7 KVT49L that's loaded with features. It's not from this site and when someone mentioned this rom the post was deleted. That just seems closed minded and hinders development in my opinion. Luckily I saw the post and checked out the rom.
Think how pissed the manufacturers would be if all their cool features could be incorporated on one phone.

One last thing just because someone has a different opinion than yours doesn't make it wrong.

Peace

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wolfu11 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]