5,599,478 Members 38,428 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] huge battery drain

Tip us?

NuckFuggets
Old
(Last edited by NuckFuggets; 19th December 2013 at 09:07 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Default [Q] huge battery drain

Hi all, so I have my nexus 5, and today as well as some other days I go into my battery setting page, and I noticed that there is this thing that looks like chrome beta, it's eating so much of my battery, but the weird thing is that I barely used chrome today. my battery is almost dead after only 6.5 hours of use and like 2 hours of screen on time, when I normally get like 9 hours at least with 4 hours screen on time. why is this happening? does anyone know what this is?

thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-12-19-15-51-38.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	110.8 KB
ID:	2464104   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-12-19-16-04-03.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	111.3 KB
ID:	2464107   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-12-19-16-04-12.png
Views:	143
Size:	122.9 KB
ID:	2464108  

Meltdown07
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuckFuggets View Post
Hi all, so I have my nexus 5, and today as well as some other days I go into my battery setting page, and I noticed that there is this thing that looks like chrome beta, it's eating so much of my battery, but the weird thing is that I barely used chrome today. my battery is almost dead after only 6.5 hours of use and like 2 hours of screen on time, when I normally get like 9 hours at least with 4 hours screen on time. why is this happening? does anyone know what this is?

thanks!
Same thing shows up for me too. No idea what its from. I've never installed chrome beta (but do have Chrome installed).

SeaMax
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I noticed this behaviour today, too.Only I had multiple Chrome Beta Sandboxes pop in the battery screen.
In my case it might be due to using chrome in incognito mode and testing different video players, i used mx player while in incognito and it didn't registered in the battery stats, so it might be one of the sandboxed chrome readings.

I went into the app manager and force closed chrome beta anyway.

ctbear
Old
Thanks Meter 294
It's hard to tell from the screenshots. Have you tried BBS and see if there are other wakelocks?