Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,106 Members 40,950 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

huge battery loss even in deep sleep

Tip us?

EarlZ
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 272
Default huge battery loss even in deep sleep

Wifi off, mobile data off, gps and location reporting is off, maps is signed out. This started to happen a few days ago which was like 40% after 8-10hrs of deep sleep now its dropped to 1-3% per hour. I used to have 1% drop every 8hrs of deep sleep.

Stock rom, franco r32 kernel, no oc.
Ive attached a history of my bbs and the latest 3-4hr test showing andriod battery stats.

aooga
Old
Thanks Meter 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlZ View Post
Wifi off, mobile data off, gps and location reporting is off, maps is signed out. This started to happen a few days ago which was like 40% after 8-10hrs of deep sleep now its dropped to 1-3% per hour. I used to have 1% drop every 8hrs of deep sleep.

Stock rom, franco r32 kernel, no oc.
Ive attached a history of my bbs and the latest 3-4hr test showing andriod battery stats.
Thats relatively normal. I get around a 1-2% drop per hour normally. If you really got 1% every 8 hours, please tell me how. If I unplug my phone at 8AM and not use it till 12PM, I usually have around 94%. I'm also running franco and I've under clocked to 1.5GHz.

roustabout
Old
Thanks Meter 194
Did you turn on sweep or tap to wake, by any chance? I gave up on those and my battery life was much improved.

1%/hr was the best I could do with dt2w, now I get much better battery using volume to wake.

EarlZ
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by aooga View Post
Thats relatively normal. I get around a 1-2% drop per hour normally. If you really got 1% every 8 hours, please tell me how. If I unplug my phone at 8AM and not use it till 12PM, I usually have around 94%. I'm also running franco and I've under clocked to 1.5GHz.
I assure you 1% per hour is NOT normal on the settings I have. Ive been getting 1% drop per 8hrs ever since I got the device and only on maybe 2-3 rare instances I've gotten a huge drop but starting around the end of January I've been getting at least 1% drop per 8hrs.

EarlZ
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by roustabout View Post
Did you turn on sweep or tap to wake, by any chance? I gave up on those and my battery life was much improved.

1%/hr was the best I could do with dt2w, now I get much better battery using volume to wake.
I dont have any of those features enabled, are they even on the franco kernel ?

aooga
Old
Thanks Meter 850
Quote:
I assure you 1% per hour is NOT normal on the settings I have. Ive been getting 1% drop per 8hrs ever since I got the device and only on maybe 2-3 rare instances I've gotten a huge drop but starting around the end of January I've been getting at least 1% drop per 8hrs.
Hmm. It's normal for me. I have the same settings as you. I've turned off auto sync as well and underclocked to 1.5GHz.

EarlZ
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 272
Quote:
Hmm. It's normal for me. I have the same settings as you. I've turned off auto sync as well and underclocked to 1.5GHz.
Aite, thats good if its normal for you. But on my end its not and Im would like to find a solution altho my BBS stats is not showing anything relevant.

aooga
Old
Thanks Meter 850
Quote:
Aite, thats good if its normal for you. But on my end its not and Im would like to find a solution altho my BBS stats is not showing anything relevant.
What I'm telling you is what your getting is normal for the majority or users. The only thing that I can suggest is to factory reset.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

What is this: No or Unknown Signal (): 9 h 27 m 21 s (34041 s) Ratio: 100.0%

If you really had no signal for that long, battery will drain really fast. By the looks of the screenshot, you have pretty good signal though.

EarlZ
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 272
Quote:
What I'm telling you is what your getting is normal for the majority or users. The only thing that I can suggest is to factory reset.

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

What is this: No or Unknown Signal (): 9 h 27 m 21 s (34041 s) Ratio: 100.0%

If you really had no signal for that long, battery will drain really fast. By the looks of the screenshot, you have pretty good signal though.

I may perform a factory reset/flash back to stock and just have root for BBS after I do 1-2 battery charge calibrations.
I also dont know why its saying No or Unknown signal but signal is pretty good. Max bars the entire time.

Ben36
Old
Thanks Meter 1597
I have sync on. Location set to high accuracy running Cataclysm with linaro version of franco kernel and leaving my wifi on i get 1-2 % drop overnight

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk