Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

huge battery loss even in deep sleep

OP EarlZ

3rd February 2014, 06:16 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 272

5,715 posts
More
Wifi off, mobile data off, gps and location reporting is off, maps is signed out. This started to happen a few days ago which was like 40% after 8-10hrs of deep sleep now its dropped to 1-3% per hour. I used to have 1% drop every 8hrs of deep sleep.

Stock rom, franco r32 kernel, no oc.
Ive attached a history of my bbs and the latest 3-4hr test showing andriod battery stats.
3rd February 2014, 07:22 AM   |  #2  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 931

3,139 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlZ

Wifi off, mobile data off, gps and location reporting is off, maps is signed out. This started to happen a few days ago which was like 40% after 8-10hrs of deep sleep now its dropped to 1-3% per hour. I used to have 1% drop every 8hrs of deep sleep.

Stock rom, franco r32 kernel, no oc.
Ive attached a history of my bbs and the latest 3-4hr test showing andriod battery stats.

Thats relatively normal. I get around a 1-2% drop per hour normally. If you really got 1% every 8 hours, please tell me how. If I unplug my phone at 8AM and not use it till 12PM, I usually have around 94%. I'm also running franco and I've under clocked to 1.5GHz.
3rd February 2014, 07:30 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 201

777 posts
Did you turn on sweep or tap to wake, by any chance? I gave up on those and my battery life was much improved.

1%/hr was the best I could do with dt2w, now I get much better battery using volume to wake.
3rd February 2014, 07:31 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

5,715 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aooga

Thats relatively normal. I get around a 1-2% drop per hour normally. If you really got 1% every 8 hours, please tell me how. If I unplug my phone at 8AM and not use it till 12PM, I usually have around 94%. I'm also running franco and I've under clocked to 1.5GHz.

I assure you 1% per hour is NOT normal on the settings I have. Ive been getting 1% drop per 8hrs ever since I got the device and only on maybe 2-3 rare instances I've gotten a huge drop but starting around the end of January I've been getting at least 1% drop per 8hrs.
3rd February 2014, 07:32 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

5,715 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by roustabout

Did you turn on sweep or tap to wake, by any chance? I gave up on those and my battery life was much improved.

1%/hr was the best I could do with dt2w, now I get much better battery using volume to wake.

I dont have any of those features enabled, are they even on the franco kernel ?
3rd February 2014, 07:35 AM   |  #6  
Flag California

3,139 posts
More
Quote:

I assure you 1% per hour is NOT normal on the settings I have. Ive been getting 1% drop per 8hrs ever since I got the device and only on maybe 2-3 rare instances I've gotten a huge drop but starting around the end of January I've been getting at least 1% drop per 8hrs.

Hmm. It's normal for me. I have the same settings as you. I've turned off auto sync as well and underclocked to 1.5GHz.
3rd February 2014, 07:36 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

5,715 posts
More
Quote:

Hmm. It's normal for me. I have the same settings as you. I've turned off auto sync as well and underclocked to 1.5GHz.

Aite, thats good if its normal for you. But on my end its not and Im would like to find a solution altho my BBS stats is not showing anything relevant.
3rd February 2014, 07:49 AM   |  #8  
Flag California

3,139 posts
More
Quote:

Aite, thats good if its normal for you. But on my end its not and Im would like to find a solution altho my BBS stats is not showing anything relevant.

What I'm telling you is what your getting is normal for the majority or users. The only thing that I can suggest is to factory reset.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

What is this: No or Unknown Signal (): 9 h 27 m 21 s (34041 s) Ratio: 100.0%

If you really had no signal for that long, battery will drain really fast. By the looks of the screenshot, you have pretty good signal though.

3rd February 2014, 08:09 AM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member

5,715 posts
More
Quote:

What I'm telling you is what your getting is normal for the majority or users. The only thing that I can suggest is to factory reset.

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

What is this: No or Unknown Signal (): 9 h 27 m 21 s (34041 s) Ratio: 100.0%

If you really had no signal for that long, battery will drain really fast. By the looks of the screenshot, you have pretty good signal though.

I may perform a factory reset/flash back to stock and just have root for BBS after I do 1-2 battery charge calibrations.
I also dont know why its saying No or Unknown signal but signal is pretty good. Max bars the entire time.
3rd February 2014, 09:12 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 2,039

6,698 posts
I have sync on. Location set to high accuracy running Cataclysm with linaro version of franco kernel and leaving my wifi on i get 1-2 % drop overnight

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread