Icon refresh after closing app

2nd May 2014, 07:07 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

26 posts
Hi,

I have a fairly new nexus 5 from an RMA so is this a issue with new handset or I have read it's due to new Google now launcher.

Every time I close game app or social media app my screen icons disappear and the come back after a second or so.

I didn't have this on my original at any point.

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
2nd May 2014, 08:00 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

26 posts
Forgot to say its stock!

2nd May 2014, 10:20 AM   |  #3  
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 53

312 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perchy35

Hi,

I have a fairly new nexus 5 from an RMA so is this a issue with new handset or I have read it's due to new Google now launcher.

Every time I close game app or social media app my screen icons disappear and the come back after a second or so.

Thanks

I'm running completely stock and I do occasionally get oddities when returning to the launcher. Mostly, this results in the wallpaper turning black for a split second before returning. It's not the end of the world but it doesn't look very slick next to iOS 6... I've not found a cure for it sadly.
2nd May 2014, 12:07 PM   |  #4  
Flag Írebro, Sweden
Thanks Meter: 375

1,408 posts
More
It's a memory issue. When you are running heavy apps suchs as games etc the launcher will drop out of memory to make place for the game and will have to redraw itself when you go back to it. I have not personally had this issue with the stock launcher as far as I know but on the other hand I do not play games either except for emulators. Perhaps it's some kind of Google Launcher issue. It should stay in memory though and not get killed unless you have very little free RAM available.
3rd May 2014, 04:49 AM   |  #5  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 13

135 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perchy35

Hi,

Thanks

Don't worry it is only because of your heavy graphics apps, generally social media apps or games apps takes lots of memory to store.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread