Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,201 Members 52,154 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] ideal wallpaper resolution?

Tip us?

HankB
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Question [Q] ideal wallpaper resolution?

What's the ideal wallpaper resolution for the Nexus 5. By ideal, I mean a resolution that maps pixel for pixel to the screen pixels. I have seen a couple of sources that suggest matching the physical screen resolution of 1920 x 1080 but that cannot be correct. For both stock and Nova launchers, the image scrolls side to side as I move from one screen to the next. Therefore it must be something like 1920x1080+n where 'n' is the number of pixels that the wallpaper moves when moving from screen to screen times the number of screens-1.

Or does the home screen vary the distance scrolled sideways according to the width available for a given wallpaper and the number of screens?.

Thanks!

(New N5 owner here )

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 9754
1920x1920 would mean that your phone would be full screen, pixel by pixel in both landscape and portrait but it would not scroll. I cant speak for all launchers but with Nova, anything over 1080 width (in portrait) will be divided by how many screens in that direction for scrolling.

So for example, if I have a really wide picture, but only 3 screens, the scrolling effect of the wallpaper will be a large difference. The more screens I add, the smaller that difference will become.

For me, I want a big choice of wallpapers without editing so, I go for as close a match to the 1920 height that I can get without going under.. so on interfacelift I go by 16:9, 3840x2160 - sure I know I'm 140 over on the height... If I could be bothered, I'd bulk trim them

http://interfacelift.com/wallpaper/d...6:9/3840x2160/
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]