Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,360 Members 53,741 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] I'm pretty sure I'm screwed. HELP!

Tip us?

zeroshift11
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639 View Post
Clear cache and factory reset in the stock recovery

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
Yea, working on flashing stock recovery now. (of course im having issues haha) Thanks!

Again, I can't thank everyone enough.

Dawnut
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Alright, here is the deal. There is a toolkit for nexus phones wich is called Skipsoft Nexus Toolkit ot something like that.It's extremely easy to use and can do ANYTHING you want using fastboot, adb, sideload or whatever the hell you need.FULLY automated.Go to their thread, download it, follow the instructions for nexus 5 and eventually you will end up in a screen with many options. On number 9 there is download/flash google stock rom. Boot your device into bootloader, MAKE SURE TO INSTALL THE DRIVERS in option 1 of the toolkit FIRST! Then connect your device, choose download/flash rom and the magic is done.

You will never let go of this program ever.It's outstanding. Hope I helped, even if you already fixed it, give it a shot. Cheers

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Lethargy
Old
Thanks Meter 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnut View Post
Alright, here is the deal. There is a toolkit for nexus phones wich is called Skipsoft Nexus Toolkit ot something like that.It's extremely easy to use and can do ANYTHING you want using fastboot, adb, sideload or whatever the hell you need.FULLY automated.Go to their thread, download it, follow the instructions for nexus 5 and eventually you will end up in a screen with many options. On number 9 there is download/flash google stock rom. Boot your device into bootloader, MAKE SURE TO INSTALL THE DRIVERS in option 1 of the toolkit FIRST! Then connect your device, choose download/flash rom and the magic is done.

You will never let go of this program ever.It's outstanding. Hope I helped, even if you already fixed it, give it a shot. Cheers

No. Not Toolkits. They're the reason most people come here complaining that their phone got "bricked". There is no "magic" as you claim the toolkit does. @rootSU
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyphur
You ask us to understand your position. Well if you want to benefit from our experience and time then I think it is only fair that you understand our position.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lethargy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

spinninbsod
Old
Thanks Meter 51
I used wugfresh once but that was because I forgot the command to relock the boot loader but I love to fastboot flash its fun

BirchBarlow
Old
Thanks Meter 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnut View Post

A toolkit is probably the reason the OP got into a fix. If he had rooted the proper way, he'd have fastboot installed and running properly and wouldn't have had to experience any of the problems he complained about.
The Following User Says Thank You to BirchBarlow For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]