FORUMS

Galaxy S6 Weekly Shooting Challenge

Over in our forums this weekend, XDA Forum member DevonSloan has started a thread for talented … more

Which Features from Apple Watch Do You Think Android Wear Will Copy?

The Apple Watch and Android Wear are both growing platforms. Now … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (May 15 – 22)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Android 5.1 for the Nvidia Shield Tablet is Out!

Nvidia is quite good at delivering updates in a timely fashion. The producer of famous … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] IMEI is 0, no EFS backup

2nd May 2015, 01:12 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 210

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishildur

Hey, got it all done, i made a mistake on step:
i. Install bootloader 5.0.0_diag_BOOT.img from folder.

I tried to flash it as bootloader but instead it needed to be flashed as boot(kernel) after that all went easily. Even installed windows 7 in bootcamp for all that, but i think i would have made it in my virtualized windows 10 as well.

Big big thanks for this tutorial.

i about made the same mistake...but noticed it was 10 mb the size of boot(kernel)...hopefully he"ll change it...i got mine running as well...!!!!

---------- Post added at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

@payz this method worked to prefectiong....just letting you know...change the the tuteriol so it doesn't say flash bootloader boot....rather as boot/kernel....other than that it worked just great!!!!! thank you so much!!!
Last edited by crazy4android; 2nd May 2015 at 01:22 AM.

2nd May 2015, 01:34 AM |#32  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Step 6b
Another possible mistake could be 6b. Hit Read and check off imei and meid, and enter imei and meid (meid is just imei without last two digits)

For me i needed to only remove one digit from the ending of IMEI for MEID, otherwise it was too short!

With all the best

Fully working Nexus 5 owner
11th May 2015, 10:09 PM |#33  
Recognized Developer
Hacksville
Thanks Meter: 1,342

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by payz

I had a hard time, so I figured this may help someone else fix a broken Nexus 5 with IMEI = 0

Of course, do this at your own risk, I take no responsibility. Thanks goes to vladonru for finding the solution on the russian forums, see thread android.stackexchange.com/questions/85807/nexus-5-imei-0-how-to-restore-imei
I just translated/shortened/fixed some stuff, and here is full instructions below and all files attached.

NOTE: If you can't find/don't know the phone's IMEI it's laser etched onto the sim card holder (whew).

Change or Repair IMEI
1. Install the LG driver LG
2. Install QPST
3. Copy the entire folder EFS Professional to C drive
4. Unpack the archive Nexus5 the root of drive C.
5. Using WUG Nexus toolkit:
a. Make sure running stock Android 5.0.1
b. Rooted
c. If necessary, you can reset the IMEI using backups zero IMEI from the archive. To do this, simply make a backup of your EFS in TWRP, then replace in the folder's backup your files on the distribution of similar make and restore EFS.
i. If it is already erased and writes 0, then just skip this step.
d. Advanced tools:
i. Install bootloader 5.0.0_diag_BOOT.img from folder
ii. open a command window:
1. adb shell > su > setprop sys.usb.config diag,adb
This activates the diagnostic mode on the phone and will be available operations with nvram through com port.
6. Open EFS Professional:
a. Click on Qualcomm NV Tools, Hit connect and go to Secure Ops.
b. Hit Read and check off imei and meid, and enter imei and meid (meid is just imei without last two digits)
c. Hit Write
d. Reboot phone and check imei by typing *#06#
e. If imei still 0 > do b above again, then Read (note esn now appears), then Write again (ignore the errors) > Reboot and check, should be working.
f. Repair 3G/LTE:
i. Install the diagnostic bootloader again and run the setprop shell command again
g. Open QPST Configuration from Windows programs
h. Click Ports tab, Add new port, deselect secure ports only and should now see the serial port with phone connected (if not, then the serial drivers aren’t installed properly  Use WUG driver support to remove all android drivers and plug the phone in again to install from windows update)
i. Click Start Start Clients > Software Download
j. Go to Backup tab and click Start Leave SPC with all zeros (note file location of backup)
k. Go to Restore tab, check “Allow phone / file ESN mismatch”, restore from the NEXUS5.qcn (from the folder), again leave SPC with all zeros here
l. Now click Browse next to QCN File, locate the backup from j above and now enter in SPC: 308508 > Start
m. Reboot phone > everything should be working!
7. Make complete EFS backup!!!

Can't thank you enough for this post with details and attachments. This saved me big time after I inadvertently overwrote my /efs partition from my previous Nexus 5 to a new one, after I dropped and broke my previous and attempted to restore my latest nandroid to the new phone, all resulting in an IMEI = 0.

Thing is, I know better and still did it!

After much searching and consternation I came across this post and am back to full working order!

Cheers.
21st May 2015, 06:07 AM |#34  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by payz

I had a hard time, so I figured this may help someone else fix a broken Nexus 5 with IMEI = 0

Of course, do this at your own risk, I take no responsibility. Thanks goes to vladonru for finding the solution on the russian forums, see thread android.stackexchange.com/questions/85807/nexus-5-imei-0-how-to-restore-imei
I just translated/shortened/fixed some stuff, and here is full instructions below and all files attached.

NOTE: If you can't find/don't know the phone's IMEI it's laser etched onto the sim card holder (whew).

Change or Repair IMEI
1. Install the LG driver LG
2. Install QPST
3. Copy the entire folder EFS Professional to C drive
4. Unpack the archive Nexus5 the root of drive C.
5. Using WUG Nexus toolkit:
a. Make sure running stock Android 5.0.1
b. Rooted
c. If necessary, you can reset the IMEI using backups zero IMEI from the archive. To do this, simply make a backup of your EFS in TWRP, then replace in the folder's backup your files on the distribution of similar make and restore EFS.
i. If it is already erased and writes 0, then just skip this step.
d. Advanced tools:
i. Install bootloader 5.0.0_diag_BOOT.img from folder
ii. open a command window:
1. adb shell > su > setprop sys.usb.config diag,adb
This activates the diagnostic mode on the phone and will be available operations with nvram through com port.
6. Open EFS Professional:
a. Click on Qualcomm NV Tools, Hit connect and go to Secure Ops.
b. Hit Read and check off imei and meid, and enter imei and meid (meid is just imei without last two digits)
c. Hit Write
d. Reboot phone and check imei by typing *#06#
e. If imei still 0 > do b above again, then Read (note esn now appears), then Write again (ignore the errors) > Reboot and check, should be working.
f. Repair 3G/LTE:
i. Install the diagnostic bootloader again and run the setprop shell command again
g. Open QPST Configuration from Windows programs
h. Click Ports tab, Add new port, deselect secure ports only and should now see the serial port with phone connected (if not, then the serial drivers aren’t installed properly  Use WUG driver support to remove all android drivers and plug the phone in again to install from windows update)
i. Click Start Start Clients > Software Download
j. Go to Backup tab and click Start Leave SPC with all zeros (note file location of backup)
k. Go to Restore tab, check “Allow phone / file ESN mismatch”, restore from the NEXUS5.qcn (from the folder), again leave SPC with all zeros here
l. Now click Browse next to QCN File, locate the backup from j above and now enter in SPC: 308508 > Start
m. Reboot phone > everything should be working!
7. Make complete EFS backup!!!

Just a very silly detail i missed and gave me some trouble, when doing the imei read and write, dont leave the sim inside.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
efs, imei 0, nexus 5, no efs backup
Previous Thread Next Thread