[Q] IMEI is 0, no EFS backup

22 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By afff53, Junior Member on 1st June 2014, 03:13 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
31st January 2016, 08:21 PM |#61  

More
Hi, could you explain in detail how to did you flash as boot(kernal)?
when i do it through fastboot, the phone gets stuck on boot. 6.0.1 nexus 5
Last edited by srajper; 31st January 2016 at 08:31 PM.

21st February 2016, 09:32 PM |#62  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 3,620

More
The post says the phone must be running rooted stock 5.01.
Last edited by audit13; 21st February 2016 at 10:15 PM.
21st February 2016, 11:47 PM |#63  
Thanks Meter: 92

More
22 posts and two phones screwed up get another hobby. People loose out when people rma phones they broke. Try honestly and a stamp album..
22nd February 2016, 02:52 PM |#64  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 3,620

More
I successfully restored my phone's original imei and according to the dialler but I still get the "not registered" error. The imei used to be zero. No big deal as I will just find a used motherboard.
Last edited by audit13; 24th February 2016 at 04:47 PM.
11th May 2016, 07:43 PM |#65  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitdomo

ESN calculates from the MEID number. MEID is same as the imei but without the last digit (atleast it was the case checking 3 working nexus 5. 2 D821 and a D820).

I had a same problem when I tried it on my nexus.
What worked for me is to restore the zeroed out efs with twrp. Check MEID and IMEI then select read, then enter your imei end meid then select write. Reboot the phone check if the imei is still 0 or not. If 0 click on read again. Select esn write yout imei end meid click on write, then click on read then click on write again. It would show an error that esn is read only, but just ignore that. Reboot the phone. If the imei still 0 then restore the zeroed out efs and do everything again.

For me after fixing the efs i could not get any 4G signal (I have D821), I decided to flash the QCN file which for D820 to enable lte band 3 and 8. Then afterf that I reverted the nv item 6828 and 6829 to the default value 524501 (this is for D821). And finally I got 4G signal ( atleast for band 3, because that is the only lte band in my country)

I spent a whole day with my repaired efs. I made a few phone calls and surfet the web and everything worked fine, but I havent tested what is with sms and mms. Then I flashed back my original efs.

Hey, might it be possible to say how you did that? I've the same issue with no 4g connection, but I've no idea how and where I can revert these nv items....So it would be really nice, if you could say which tool you have used and how you used it
Thank you so much!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
efs, imei 0, nexus 5, no efs backup

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)