Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] IMEI of 0 after TWRP restore

OP qwen3579

15th January 2014, 03:02 PM   |  #11  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 11

76 posts
Thanks for the help guys. Luckily, I still have my old with the cracked screen. I'm just going to have to take the screen off the new one and put it on my old one..which is what I was trying to avoid.

Beats having to buy another one due to my screw up.
15th January 2014, 03:04 PM   |  #12  
OP Member

76 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

Speed kills

---------- Post added at 08:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 AM ----------

Speed kills

LOL...says the guy with a Porsche!
The Following User Says Thank You to qwen3579 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th January 2014, 03:06 PM   |  #13  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Liverpool, Merseyside
Thanks Meter: 3,233

13,604 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwen3579

That's what I thought. I usually back up everything before doing anything. I just got in a rush....

It's a harsh lesson
15th January 2014, 05:01 PM   |  #14  
OP Member

76 posts
Alright, so I swapped the motherboards of the phones, booted up my new phone, restored from nandroid (avoiding the EFS this time, just in case) and I'm back up - crack free.

Thanks for the info guys, lesson learned.

"What do we do when we fall"?
15th January 2014, 05:07 PM   |  #15  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,928

11,234 posts
Quote:

Alright, so I swapped the motherboards of the phones, booted up my new phone, restored from nandroid (avoiding the EFS this time, just in case) and I'm back up - crack free.

Thanks for the info guys, lesson learned.

"What do we do when we fall"?

Glad you got something working
15th January 2014, 07:17 PM   |  #16  
Flag Connecticut
Thanks Meter: 484

834 posts
More
Yea. All guides need to make sure to post a warning and a link to the EFS backup thread. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2514095

First thing I did was make a backup of mine and store it away in a safe place as well as on the phone. I've flashed two friend's N5's with CM as well, and I did the same with their EFS just in case something happens.

One other route you could try is restoring the phone to factory default, relock the bootloader so the mod trip isn't set, and send it back saying it wont connect to cell network, and take your chances RMAing it. However the display swap may be easier. Either way once you swap your display back, do a EFS backup with that link and save the files it makes in a safe place.
15th January 2014, 09:17 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 185

712 posts
Quote:

I shattered the screen on my Nexus 5 so I ordered a replacement from Google and before switching to the new one, I made a nandroid backup using TWRP.

I put my SIM in the new Nexus, transferred my nandroid backup, and restored it to my new phone.

Now, I cannot connect to AT&T due to my IMEI showing as 0.

I think I have narrowed down the problem to restoring the EFS partition on the new phone when I wasn't supposed to? So far, I have tried restoring the phone to stock (from this guide). I even tried manually changing the IMEI to the correct number (but it doesn't stick, just reverts to 0).

Is there something else that needs to be wiped in the stock restore process that's not covered in that guide? What am I missing? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Somewhere in xda there is a guide to create an imei,i don't have the link to the thread, I'll see if i can find it for you or you may Google it

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
15th January 2014, 09:28 PM   |  #18  
OP Member

76 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juansegovia20

Somewhere in xda there is a guide to create an imei,i don't have the link to the thread, I'll see if i can find it for you or you may Google it

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I found a guide CATing the IMEI to /dev/pttycmd1 - that didn't work. Most are hesitant with sharing info on changing IMEIs, which is understandable. It's just frustrating knowing what the problem is and not being able to fix it.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread