Don’t Fear Flashing with I Don’t Want You!

The XDA message boards are full of various modifications, with many of these helping … more

Quo Vadis, Open {Source, Standards, World}? w/ Jan Wildeboer – XDA:DevCon 2014

Open Source was a big topic at this years XDA:DevCon … more

Android 5.0 Leaked for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Android Lollipop is still making its way to many new devices. Firmware updates have been … more

Learn to Sync Files Between Android And PC with Unison

Dropbox and similar cloud services are great if youre planning to keep your files … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] impossible to hang up if the line is busy

OP Sabrber

18th November 2013, 01:29 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
Hi,
I noticed weird problem with Nexus 5/ 4.4.

Whenever I make a phone call and if the the receiver is busy (line engaged) it is impossible to hang up the phone straight away. First it give untraditional busy tone and then if I press hang up the tone won't go away at least for next 10secs and impossible hang up until phone it hangs up it self after 10sec. I'm sure lots of people must be having same problem.

Please advise.
Many thanks
18th November 2013, 04:00 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

13 posts
above
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrber

Hi,
I noticed weird problem with Nexus 5/ 4.4.

Whenever I make a phone call and if the the receiver is busy (line engaged) it is impossible to hang up the phone straight away. First it give untraditional busy tone and then if I press hang up the tone won't go away at least for next 10secs and impossible hang up until phone it hangs up it self after 10sec. I'm sure lots of people must be having same problem.

Please advise.
Many thanks

Please any1???
18th November 2013, 04:08 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

10 posts
I've had this as well once. Just tested it, wenn calling myself I cannot hang up, but the phone hangs up after 2 seconds.
18th November 2013, 04:11 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

13 posts
same
Quote:
Originally Posted by becks5

I've had this as well once. Just tested it, wenn calling myself I cannot hang up, but the phone hangs up after 2 seconds.

Mine about 10secs at least. Is it same with urs? when u call and if line is busy impossible to hang up straight away?
18th November 2013, 04:18 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

13 posts
quan ubspod
Try to calk some other number and reject it see if it hangs up straight away.
18th November 2013, 04:20 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 1

10 posts
I'm not at home right now, will test this later...
18th November 2013, 04:21 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 52

282 posts
https://code.google.com/p/android/is...+Summary+Stars

Here is the bug report for this. From what I am hearing it may be carrier dependent but could also be a hardware issue.
18th November 2013, 04:22 PM   |  #8  
Flag Tampa
Thanks Meter: 88

303 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrber

Mine about 10secs at least. Is it same with urs? when u call and if line is busy impossible to hang up straight away?

Most phones will respond this way - this isn't a "new" problem. Perhaps 10 seconds is an extremely long time and it doesn't make sense why you're getting that kind of time, but standard 2-6 seconds is common. Typically what happens with these phone lines is when you call a number and receive a busy tone in response, the transaction is metaphorically grabbed and held onto in the attempt that the called line becomes free again.

Perhaps with Android 4.4 or the Nexus 5, a newer technology has been integrated which is causing long times in this case. I have not experienced this but it sounds frustrating. When this happens - are you calling a land line or mobile device?
18th November 2013, 10:35 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

13 posts
same
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourPointedFreak

Most phones will respond this way - this isn't a "new" problem. Perhaps 10 seconds is an extremely long time and it doesn't make sense why you're getting that kind of time, but standard 2-6 seconds is common. Typically what happens with these phone lines is when you call a number and receive a busy tone in response, the transaction is metaphorically grabbed and held onto in the attempt that the called line becomes free again.

Perhaps with Android 4.4 or the Nexus 5, a newer technology has been integrated which is causing long times in this case. I have not experienced this but it sounds frustrating. When this happens - are you calling a land line or mobile device?

Hi,

Doesn't matter whether I call mobile or landline. I tested both and same problem. And its really really frustrating.
I know it might take few secs to hang up with other phone but not this one unbelievably long and I hope thisnt hardware issue. Already exchanged this one previous n5 came CPU faulty (posted on my previous post)
18th November 2013, 10:45 PM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member

13 posts
same
Quote:
Originally Posted by bekyndnunwind

https://code.google.com/p/android/is...+Summary+Stars

Here is the bug report for this. From what I am hearing it may be carrier dependent but could also be a hardware issue.

Mate you are a Star. I knew it wasnt only me. GOOGLE, please sort this one out before i change my mind and return my phone.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread