MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more
Post Reply

[Q] impossible to hang up if the line is busy

18th November 2013, 12:29 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
Hi,
I noticed weird problem with Nexus 5/ 4.4.

Whenever I make a phone call and if the the receiver is busy (line engaged) it is impossible to hang up the phone straight away. First it give untraditional busy tone and then if I press hang up the tone won't go away at least for next 10secs and impossible hang up until phone it hangs up it self after 10sec. I'm sure lots of people must be having same problem.

Please advise.
Many thanks
18th November 2013, 03:00 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
above
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrber

Hi,
I noticed weird problem with Nexus 5/ 4.4.

Whenever I make a phone call and if the the receiver is busy (line engaged) it is impossible to hang up the phone straight away. First it give untraditional busy tone and then if I press hang up the tone won't go away at least for next 10secs and impossible hang up until phone it hangs up it self after 10sec. I'm sure lots of people must be having same problem.

Please advise.
Many thanks

Please any1???
18th November 2013, 03:08 PM   |  #3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
I've had this as well once. Just tested it, wenn calling myself I cannot hang up, but the phone hangs up after 2 seconds.
18th November 2013, 03:11 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
same
Quote:
Originally Posted by becks5

I've had this as well once. Just tested it, wenn calling myself I cannot hang up, but the phone hangs up after 2 seconds.

Mine about 10secs at least. Is it same with urs? when u call and if line is busy impossible to hang up straight away?
18th November 2013, 03:18 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
quan ubspod
Try to calk some other number and reject it see if it hangs up straight away.
18th November 2013, 03:20 PM   |  #6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
I'm not at home right now, will test this later...
18th November 2013, 03:21 PM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 52
 
282 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
https://code.google.com/p/android/is...+Summary+Stars

Here is the bug report for this. From what I am hearing it may be carrier dependent but could also be a hardware issue.
18th November 2013, 03:22 PM   |  #8  
FourPointedFreak's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tampa
Thanks Meter: 88
 
295 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrber

Mine about 10secs at least. Is it same with urs? when u call and if line is busy impossible to hang up straight away?

Most phones will respond this way - this isn't a "new" problem. Perhaps 10 seconds is an extremely long time and it doesn't make sense why you're getting that kind of time, but standard 2-6 seconds is common. Typically what happens with these phone lines is when you call a number and receive a busy tone in response, the transaction is metaphorically grabbed and held onto in the attempt that the called line becomes free again.

Perhaps with Android 4.4 or the Nexus 5, a newer technology has been integrated which is causing long times in this case. I have not experienced this but it sounds frustrating. When this happens - are you calling a land line or mobile device?
18th November 2013, 09:35 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
same
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourPointedFreak

Most phones will respond this way - this isn't a "new" problem. Perhaps 10 seconds is an extremely long time and it doesn't make sense why you're getting that kind of time, but standard 2-6 seconds is common. Typically what happens with these phone lines is when you call a number and receive a busy tone in response, the transaction is metaphorically grabbed and held onto in the attempt that the called line becomes free again.

Perhaps with Android 4.4 or the Nexus 5, a newer technology has been integrated which is causing long times in this case. I have not experienced this but it sounds frustrating. When this happens - are you calling a land line or mobile device?

Hi,

Doesn't matter whether I call mobile or landline. I tested both and same problem. And its really really frustrating.
I know it might take few secs to hang up with other phone but not this one unbelievably long and I hope thisnt hardware issue. Already exchanged this one previous n5 came CPU faulty (posted on my previous post)
18th November 2013, 09:45 PM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
same
Quote:
Originally Posted by bekyndnunwind

https://code.google.com/p/android/is...+Summary+Stars

Here is the bug report for this. From what I am hearing it may be carrier dependent but could also be a hardware issue.

Mate you are a Star. I knew it wasnt only me. GOOGLE, please sort this one out before i change my mind and return my phone.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Nexus 5 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank