Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,007 Members 40,596 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] impossible to hang up if the line is busy

Tip us?

Sabrber
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] impossible to hang up if the line is busy

Hi,
I noticed weird problem with Nexus 5/ 4.4.

Whenever I make a phone call and if the the receiver is busy (line engaged) it is impossible to hang up the phone straight away. First it give untraditional busy tone and then if I press hang up the tone won't go away at least for next 10secs and impossible hang up until phone it hangs up it self after 10sec. I'm sure lots of people must be having same problem.

Please advise.
Many thanks

Sabrber
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrber View Post
Hi,
I noticed weird problem with Nexus 5/ 4.4.

Whenever I make a phone call and if the the receiver is busy (line engaged) it is impossible to hang up the phone straight away. First it give untraditional busy tone and then if I press hang up the tone won't go away at least for next 10secs and impossible hang up until phone it hangs up it self after 10sec. I'm sure lots of people must be having same problem.

Please advise.
Many thanks
Please any1???

becks5
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I've had this as well once. Just tested it, wenn calling myself I cannot hang up, but the phone hangs up after 2 seconds.

Sabrber
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default same

Quote:
Originally Posted by becks5 View Post
I've had this as well once. Just tested it, wenn calling myself I cannot hang up, but the phone hangs up after 2 seconds.
Mine about 10secs at least. Is it same with urs? when u call and if line is busy impossible to hang up straight away?

Sabrber
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default quan ubspod

Try to calk some other number and reject it see if it hangs up straight away.

becks5
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I'm not at home right now, will test this later...

bekyndnunwind
Old
Thanks Meter 52
https://code.google.com/p/android/is...+Summary+Stars

Here is the bug report for this. From what I am hearing it may be carrier dependent but could also be a hardware issue.

FourPointedFreak
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrber View Post
Mine about 10secs at least. Is it same with urs? when u call and if line is busy impossible to hang up straight away?
Most phones will respond this way - this isn't a "new" problem. Perhaps 10 seconds is an extremely long time and it doesn't make sense why you're getting that kind of time, but standard 2-6 seconds is common. Typically what happens with these phone lines is when you call a number and receive a busy tone in response, the transaction is metaphorically grabbed and held onto in the attempt that the called line becomes free again.

Perhaps with Android 4.4 or the Nexus 5, a newer technology has been integrated which is causing long times in this case. I have not experienced this but it sounds frustrating. When this happens - are you calling a land line or mobile device?
Device: LG Nexus 5 (D820) on AT&T's LTE
ROM: Cyanogenmod 11
-Thanks Are Appreciated-

Sabrber
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default same

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourPointedFreak View Post
Most phones will respond this way - this isn't a "new" problem. Perhaps 10 seconds is an extremely long time and it doesn't make sense why you're getting that kind of time, but standard 2-6 seconds is common. Typically what happens with these phone lines is when you call a number and receive a busy tone in response, the transaction is metaphorically grabbed and held onto in the attempt that the called line becomes free again.

Perhaps with Android 4.4 or the Nexus 5, a newer technology has been integrated which is causing long times in this case. I have not experienced this but it sounds frustrating. When this happens - are you calling a land line or mobile device?
Hi,

Doesn't matter whether I call mobile or landline. I tested both and same problem. And its really really frustrating.
I know it might take few secs to hang up with other phone but not this one unbelievably long and I hope thisnt hardware issue. Already exchanged this one previous n5 came CPU faulty (posted on my previous post)

Sabrber
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default same

Quote:
Originally Posted by bekyndnunwind View Post
https://code.google.com/p/android/is...+Summary+Stars

Here is the bug report for this. From what I am hearing it may be carrier dependent but could also be a hardware issue.
Mate you are a Star. I knew it wasnt only me. GOOGLE, please sort this one out before i change my mind and return my phone.