Increasing battery life

Tip us?

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 7451
Quote:
Originally Posted by nad4321 View Post
Thanks again From your own experience what would you recommend TWRP or CWM
Philz touch. Its cwm based, more features than twrp and cwm put together and more stable than both too.

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit
Always read the OP's of a thread and the last 2 pages before asking questions, unless there has been an update - in which case, read the last 5 pages!

nexus 5 | SlimKat | ElementalX kernel | Philz Touch Recovery

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PhilipTD
Old
Thanks Meter 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by nad4321 View Post
I guess all of these CPU speeds and undervolt can be changed at any time withouth erasing anythign right?
You can set up virtually any configuration with Franco. But, again, I suggest you try his default settings first. He put a lot into figuring it out, and his findings likely are the most reliable. I've never felt the need to customize the kernel any differently.

Some people, however, really like to mess around with the settings as a kind of hobby. I used to do so, and it's a lot of fun (and headaches). So, if you want to get into it, go for it. There are numerous apps you can use to tweak all those settings.

Sent from my Nexus 5

---------- Post added at 07:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
Philz touch. Its cwm based, more features than twrp and cwm put together and more stable than both too...
I know, I've been meaning to check out out. Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 5

NEXUS 5 D820 STOCK KK442 FK46 DALVIK XPOSED TWRP2734

The Following User Says Thank You to PhilipTD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nad4321
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipTD View Post
You can set up virtually any configuration with Franco. But, again, I suggest you try his default settings first. He put a lot into figuring it out, and his findings likely are the most reliable. I've never felt the need to customize the kernel any differently.

Some people, however, really like to mess around with the settings as a kind of hobby. I used to do so, and it's a lot of fun (and headaches). So, if you want to get into it, go for it. There are numerous apps you can use to tweak all those settings.

Sent from my Nexus 5

---------- Post added at 07:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 AM ----------

I know, I've been meaning to check out out. Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 5
I noticed that by default it has 2 cores working and then uses the other 2 when required... This might sound stupid but did stock already do this?

eeyexeffemvee
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Try greenify and xposed framework.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...reenify‎
The Following User Says Thank You to eeyexeffemvee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cubskru
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Im running the catalysm rom + franco kernel undervolted (which by the way decreases the temperature) and under clocked to 1728mhz. I also am using greenify + xposed. Finally I turn off location reporting, touch sounds, always scanning wifi and set location to "battery saving" mode. Without any gaming I get around 5hr of screen on time. Straight gaming gives me around 2.5hr of SOT. Usually I get around 4hr from my regular day. Any other tips for battery?