Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,773 Members 51,799 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Infors for newcomer

Tip us?
 
electrash
Old
#1  
electrash's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 391
Posts: 1,264
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Mali Lošinj - Rijeka

 
DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] Infors for newcomer

Hi dear Nexus 5 community.

I am in process of getting Nexus5 and i would like to ask is there some desing flaws in this phone, or anything else i would need to pay atention for?
Any informations would be awesome.

Thank you guys
 
rootSU
Old
#2  
rootSU's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 9725
Posts: 20,888
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Biggest flaw of nexus 5 is search function on xda is invisible.

Search "defect"

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!



Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
numbnutsuk
Old
#3  
numbnutsuk's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 149
Posts: 403
Join Date: Mar 2012
Yeah read!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
 
jsgraphicart
Old
#4  
jsgraphicart's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1377
Posts: 4,751
Join Date: Nov 2011
Well it depends on if you are a picky person that just picks apart every flaw in a device. I, for one, love the Nexus 5 and dont see any issues with it. Others will say the screen sucks or the battery isnt that great or the speaker is too low or the power button rattles (yes, thats a things here). It depends on the type of person you are. Maybe even what phone you are coming from, because chances are you will be comparing the two.
 
electrash
Old
#5  
electrash's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 391
Posts: 1,264
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Mali Lošinj - Rijeka

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
Well it depends on if you are a picky person that just picks apart every flaw in a device. I, for one, love the Nexus 5 and dont see any issues with it. Others will say the screen sucks or the battery isnt that great or the speaker is too low or the power button rattles (yes, thats a things here). It depends on the type of person you are. Maybe even what phone you are coming from, because chances are you will be comparing the two.
Thank you mate. I know "Perfect" phone dosent exist and i dont looking for it. My phone in moment is Xperia S (nexus 5 is a huge step in upgrade).
I just want to know more about it, what could i expect and etc.
There is no major problem with nexus 5?


And p.s.
Guys above you, dont spam "seach for it", help if you can, if you cannot or dont want to help, keep your mouth shut. Thank you )
 
gee2012
Old
#6  
gee2012's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2802
Posts: 7,698
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Heerlen
Quote:
Originally Posted by electrash View Post
Thank you mate. I know "Perfect" phone dosent exist and i dont looking for it. My phone in moment is Xperia S (nexus 5 is a huge step in upgrade).
I just want to know more about it, what could i expect and etc.
There is no major problem with nexus 5?


And p.s.
Guys above you, dont spam "seach for it", help if you can, if you cannot or dont want to help, keep your mouth shut. Thank you )
No real issues, just some quarks that can be fixed with a good custom kernel and Xposed framework. I`am very satisfied with the N5 personaly.
And as allready mentioned, we promote search and Google
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gee2012 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
jsgraphicart
Old
#7  
jsgraphicart's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1377
Posts: 4,751
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by electrash View Post
Thank you mate. I know "Perfect" phone dosent exist and i dont looking for it. My phone in moment is Xperia S (nexus 5 is a huge step in upgrade).
I just want to know more about it, what could i expect and etc.
There is no major problem with nexus 5?
Not unless you think you would have a problem with one of the things I mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by electrash View Post
And p.s.
Guys above you, dont spam "seach for it", help if you can, if you cannot or dont want to help, keep your mouth shut. Thank you )
I wouldn't make things worse.
 
jball
Old
#8  
jball's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 146
Posts: 689
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Amber
This phone blows a sorry ass Touchwiz based phone out of the water like the Samsung Galaxy S4 carrier branded models.love this phone

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
 
_MetalHead_
Old
#9  
_MetalHead_'s Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1998
Posts: 5,074
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Chicagoland
Quote:
Originally Posted by electrash View Post
And p.s.
Guys above you, dont spam "seach for it", help if you can, if you cannot or dont want to help, keep your mouth shut. Thank you )
FYI, people here like to help people who first try to help themselves. Just some food for thought.
\m/(-_-)\m/
 
mistahseller
Old
#10  
mistahseller's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 192
Posts: 793
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Saint Louis
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
Biggest flaw of nexus 5 is search function on xda is invisible.

Search "defect"

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
If you searched defect, some of the threads would leave you to believe that the nexus 5 is practically a ticking time bomb ready to blow up, maybe 1 in 20 is a perfect model, and the defects are endless.

Tags
nexus 5
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes