Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

XDA and Leaseweb: Server Trial/Moto 360 Contest (Winners!)

About a month ago, we held a contest along with XDA’s host, Leaseweb, to … more

Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more

Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more
Post Reply

Can i install g2 rom to nexus 5

OP Tommyyim

10th January 2014, 03:24 PM   |  #1  
Tommyyim's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
If yes ,the g2 rom can run art mode?


Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
10th January 2014, 03:27 PM   |  #2  
P.Mobile's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag RhOdE IsLAnD... 401
Thanks Meter: 935
 
4,336 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommyyim

If yes ,the g2 rom can run art mode?


Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

no u can NOT flash a G2 rom on your N5
10th January 2014, 03:29 PM   |  #3  
Tommyyim's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Thanks you for yr reply,
Hv Custom made rom as same as g2 rom for nexus?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
10th January 2014, 03:47 PM   |  #4  
Primokorn's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Annecy
Thanks Meter: 2,423
 
4,409 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommyyim

Thanks you for yr reply,
Hv Custom made rom as same as g2 rom for nexus?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

We don't need G2 custom roms
10th January 2014, 03:48 PM   |  #5  
Tommyyim's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
I want try it...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
10th January 2014, 03:56 PM   |  #6  
jd1639's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,501
 
10,187 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommyyim

I want try it...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

You'll brick your device. Tell us how it goes
10th January 2014, 04:42 PM   |  #7  
simms22's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 21,839
 
26,227 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommyyim

I want try it...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

trade your n5 in for a g2, you dont need or want a n5.
10th January 2014, 05:49 PM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 277
 
502 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
Donate to Me
More
Whoa guys, a little hostile today, are we? Just because you hate LG's interface, doesn't mean everyone does or even should. I, myself, don't like it either but OP came here asking an honest question about modifying his Nexus 5. We could at least have the decency to tell him what we know, or not respond at all.

Anyway, OP. I personally do not know of any way to flash the G2's ROM to the Nexus 5, or any custom ROMs that were inspired by the G2. Your best bet is to try to download something from the Play Store that mimics what you like on the G2. Just doing a quick search, I found this app. I haven't tested it or anything so I'm not sure how well it works, it's just one of results that came up from searching the Play Store. Seems legit, but like I said, I can't vouch for it.
10th January 2014, 06:02 PM   |  #9  
mistahseller's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Saint Louis
Thanks Meter: 195
 
802 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johmama

Whoa guys, a little hostile today, are we? Just because you hate LG's interface, doesn't mean everyone does or even should. I, myself, don't like it either but OP came here asking an honest question about modifying his Nexus 5. We could at least have the decency to tell him what we know, or not respond at all.

Anyway, OP. I personally do not know of any way to flash the G2's ROM to the Nexus 5, or any custom ROMs that were inspired by the G2. Your best bet is to try to download something from the Play Store that mimics what you like on the G2. Just doing a quick search, I found this app. I haven't tested it or anything so I'm not sure how well it works, it's just one of results that came up from searching the Play Store. Seems legit, but like I said, I can't vouch for it.

Can't do it, it will load g2 drivers onto the nexus and it will be a paper weight. We did tell him what we know, you'll brick your device, can't do it.

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primokorn

We don't need G2 custom roms

+1
10th January 2014, 06:12 PM   |  #10  
Tommyyim's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Thanks johmama reply
Firstly why i want get lg official app to my nexus
Because my wife hv g2 ,i use the knock function is very useful,but i try in apps store download same function apps,
But this apps waste so much battery... so i open post ask the question...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Nexus 5 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank