Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

XDA and Leaseweb: Server Trial/Moto 360 Contest (Winners!)

About a month ago, we held a contest along with XDA’s host, Leaseweb, to … more

Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more

Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more
Post Reply

Install make command on my Android??

OP codecaine21

7th July 2014, 03:41 AM   |  #1  
codecaine21's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 28
 
305 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Is it possible to manually install/build the make command on an android device. Before you suggest it, botbrew doesn't want to work for my Nexus 5 or TMO SGS4. Thanks in advanced!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
7th July 2014, 08:12 PM   |  #2  
beekay201's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,128
 
4,647 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
Don't see why you need make. There's an apk here ( http://botbrew.com/). Don't know if this is possible, if you want to compile stuff why not cross-compile?
7th July 2014, 08:40 PM   |  #3  
codecaine21's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 28
 
305 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beekay201

Don't see why you need make. There's an apk here ( http://botbrew.com/). Don't know if this is possible, if you want to compile stuff why not cross-compile?

Not brew spews all kinds of errors and won't work. How would I cross compile the make command for my phone or utils and or packages in general??

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Last edited by codecaine21; 7th July 2014 at 08:44 PM.
8th July 2014, 10:21 PM   |  #4  
beekay201's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,128
 
4,647 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by codecaine21

Not brew spews all kinds of errors and won't work. How would I cross compile the make command for my phone or utils and or packages in general??

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app


What do you want to do? Build stuff? Do you have a bunch of makefiles you need running? I think that you'd still need a toolchain to build stuff, not just make.

My suggestion was to cross compile stuff on your PC that runs on your PHONE.
9th July 2014, 03:57 AM   |  #5  
codecaine21's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 28
 
305 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beekay201

What do you want to do? Build stuff? Do you have a bunch of makefiles you need running? I think that you'd still need a toolchain to build stuff, not just make.

My suggestion was to cross compile stuff on your PC that runs on your PHONE.

Exactly what I want to do. Build a program from source. A C program tarball. But yes I have make files and all that good stuff. I can easily build on my Linux box but not my phone.

How do I go about building a toolchain and cross compiling? Do you have any links handy?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
9th July 2014, 05:12 PM   |  #6  
codecaine21's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 28
 
305 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
I think the NDK is what I'm looking for. I hope it can cross compile lakes with make files, multiple c programs and shared object files.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Nexus 5 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank