[Q] Installed BootAnimation.zip (BootBox) and Phone now hangs [help...]
I have a rooted nexus 5 on stock android 4.4.2, after installing a boot animation my phone now hangs part way through the animation and so is unusable.
Its taken me ages but I am now this far:
* Boot into Recovery on phone
* You will see an Android with a red triangle and "no command" this is normal
* Volume Down to select "apply update from ADB" and press power button
* You should probably hear/see Windows loading the device
* On windows try "adb get-state" it should respond with "sideload"). The usual ADB commands do not work!
* adb sideload kitkat_Bootanimation.zip (http://d-h.st/4kc)
* sending: 'kitkat_Bootanimation.zip' 100%
* Fails with messages on phone (MD5 matches and also fails with known good "Tibuke1080x1920.zip"):
* Verifying update package
* E:footer is wrong"
* E:signature verification failed
* installation aborted
As the MD5 matches that listed on the site (and I've tried another known OK zip) I believe that the verification that fails is a comparison between the zip and the correct files for the version of android I'm on. If not let me know what might cause this.
The zip and the instructuions I'm basing the above on is at: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3&postcount=11
I seem to have a "BootBox" backup file in "/sdcard/BootBox/Backups/BHXIAY~A.ZIP", but that one isn't flashable... Ayyone know where I can get a flashable version or how to create one?
I am doing the above at the recommendation of someone in response to my question at "http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2&postcount=12
" (my questions weren't answered so I'm stuck that way).
Thanks for any pointers,