Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,556 Members 42,378 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Installed Linaro r61, /sys/android_touch gone and can't create the folder

Tip us?

J05HU4
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Installed Linaro r61, /sys/android_touch gone and can't create the folder

So I recently installed Linaro kernelr61 via Franco Kernel Updater, I've been using linaro since r30 and it always has had problems with Sweep to wake and sleep, not setting on boot and whatnot, but I've always found a way to force these options by editing the files in /sys/android_touch, but this time the folder is gone and I can't create it even with SU, I just want to extend the life of the power button on my Nexus 5, so if you know how to activate these options or know about a kernel that has it easier please help.
Appreciate it beforehand

GtrCraft
Old
Thanks Meter 1,151
Quote:
Originally Posted by J05HU4 View Post
So I recently installed Linaro kernelr61 via Franco Kernel Updater, I've been using linaro since r30 and it always has had problems with Sweep to wake and sleep, not setting on boot and whatnot, but I've always found a way to force these options by editing the files in /sys/android_touch, but this time the folder is gone and I can't create it even with SU, I just want to extend the life of the power button on my Nexus 5, so if you know how to activate these options or know about a kernel that has it easier please help.
Appreciate it beforehand
Flash kernel in recovery instead of using the FKU app. The thread has a flashable zip
Nexus 5 Black 32GB:

Rom: Latest Mahdi & Xposed Framework
Theme: Hybrid Blue
Kernel: Latest Franco Kernel (6 hours SOT )
Recovery: Latest TWRP

Smooth Scrolling Mod for Mahdi, Purity & Stock

HTC Desire X:

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 11,399
You can't create in /sys. This Is a directory created and managed by the kernel. This directory is effectively read only. You can edit files but the kernel resets most on a reboot anyway.

If the file you want isn't there, its because the kernel doesn't use it or there is a problem with the kernel, in which case, post in the kernel thtead

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

**Sticky Roll-up: All Guides snd Info Threads linked here**

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

Lethargy
Old
Thanks Meter 1,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
You can't create in /sys. This Is a directory created and managed by the kernel. This directory is effectively read only. You can edit files but the kernel resets most on a reboot anyway.

If the file you want isn't there, its because the kernel doesn't use it or there is a problem with the kernel, in which case, post in the kernel thtead

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Except he doesn't have 10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyphur
You ask us to understand your position. Well if you want to benefit from our experience and time then I think it is only fair that you understand our position.
I actively add ignorant people to my ignore list.

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 11,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethargy View Post
Except he doesn't have 10 posts
Cant tell that from tapatalk
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

**Sticky Roll-up: All Guides snd Info Threads linked here**

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]