[Q] Installing Custom Recovery Twice

OP mdwills3521

5th February 2014, 01:12 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I installed a custom recovery through the WUG method before someone directed me to the GooManager method which seems a lot easier. They both install the same custom recovery (TWRP). In the app it asks if i want to install a custom recovery so does that mean if i install the TWRP again I'll be able to use GooManager for finding roms and nothing will break, can i download the roms from GooManager and just flash it from there using my already installed recovery (without installing the same recovery from GooManager), or should i just go the long way and install through the quickboot method?
5th February 2014, 01:16 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 7,815

10,803 posts
Donate to Me
More
It doesn't matter. Once you have recovery, you have recovery. It's a partition on your device that doesn't care where it comes from.

Sent from my Nexus 5
5th February 2014, 01:38 AM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,510

10,200 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdwills3521

I installed a custom recovery through the WUG method before someone directed me to the GooManager method which seems a lot easier. They both install the same custom recovery (TWRP). In the app it asks if i want to install a custom recovery so does that mean if i install the TWRP again I'll be able to use GooManager for finding roms and nothing will break, can i download the roms from GooManager and just flash it from there using my already installed recovery (without installing the same recovery from GooManager), or should i just go the long way and install through the quickboot method?

Like pirateghost said it doesn't matter. But I wouldn't use goomanager to flash roms. Download then from xda and flash them in twrp. Goo manager can be a brick waiting to happen if you're not careful.
5th February 2014, 02:05 AM   |  #4  
Flag Saint Louis
Thanks Meter: 195

802 posts
More
Use xda not goo. This is personal opinion I am leery of it and do not trust it entirely to modify my phone.

Sent from The Deathstar
5th February 2014, 03:32 AM   |  #5  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 126

356 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdwills3521

1) Ditch the toolkit, save a kitten. Use fastboot to install a custom recovery.
2) Ditch GooManager, it's too unreliable to use to mod your OS. Download custom ROMs and kernels from XDA.
The Following User Says Thank You to BirchBarlow For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th February 2014, 03:35 AM   |  #6  
Flag Saint Louis
Thanks Meter: 195

802 posts
More
After viewing threads of what the ROM manager app had done to some people's phone I would follow Birch's advice.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread