[Q] Internal storage / emulated SD question (ANSWERED)

Search This thread

ItzCrooK2UxD

Nov 10, 2011
Orlando, FL
Let me preface this by stating that this is my first device with no removable storage, so this is a really noobish question. So here it goes. What is the safe way to do a data wipe without losing the emulated SD data? With my prior device the recovery had an option to wipe all partitions except SD which I found to be quite useful, but with no removable storage I am hesitant to wipe anything without knowing that the emulated SD is safe. Thanks in advance!

Also let me add that I am aware I can move the contents of the emulated SD, or backups to my PC and plan to.

Last edited:

travisjustin

Jan 27, 2013
Using twrp you can just do a factory reset and it will leave your storage alone. I believe "internal storage" under advanced is the only option that will wipe your SD.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: ItzCrooK2UxD

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Using twrp you can just do a factory reset and it will leave your storage alone. I believe "internal storage" under advanced is the only option that will wipe your SD.

what he said, factory reset on any recovery does not wipe the internal sd card.