[Q] Issue with clock displaying incorrect time

OP jedinegotiator

29th March 2014, 01:11 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Fairfax, VA
Thanks Meter: 23

259 posts
More
I am having an issue with my clock displaying the wrong time on occasion. I am using SlimKAT Stable 3.0 with Franco Kernel R37.

Sometimes my phone will display the time one hour earlier than it really is. I live in the Eastern Standard Timezone. So for example if it is actually 7pm my phone my say that it is 6pm. In the clock settings I have set my home timezone as Eastern Standard (GMT -4). When my phone is showing the wrong time it now has two clocks. The main clock will say 6pm and there is a second clock that says 7pm at home. It is like my phone thinks that I am traveling and I am not in my own time zone.

Restarting my phone fixes the problem every time but it is very annoying because I depend on my phone to be my alarm clock. I also noticed today that turning on airplane mode and then turning it back off will also fix the problem.

Any ideas on what may be causing this?
29th March 2014, 09:17 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Fairfax, VA
Thanks Meter: 23

259 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinegotiator

I am having an issue with my clock displaying the wrong time on occasion. I am using SlimKAT Stable 3.0 with Franco Kernel R37.

Sometimes my phone will display the time one hour earlier than it really is. I live in the Eastern Standard Timezone. So for example if it is actually 7pm my phone my say that it is 6pm. In the clock settings I have set my home timezone as Eastern Standard (GMT -4). When my phone is showing the wrong time it now has two clocks. The main clock will say 6pm and there is a second clock that says 7pm at home. It is like my phone thinks that I am traveling and I am not in my own time zone.

Restarting my phone fixes the problem every time but it is very annoying because I depend on my phone to be my alarm clock. I also noticed today that turning on airplane mode and then turning it back off will also fix the problem.

Any ideas on what may be causing this?

Help!
29th March 2014, 09:58 AM   |  #3  
Sydney
Thanks Meter: 486

2,019 posts
More
what happens if you have automatic time zone selected?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
29th March 2014, 03:00 PM   |  #4  
Flag Saint Louis
Thanks Meter: 199

814 posts
More
The obvious is do you have automatic time zone selected? Who is your carrier? Do you have GPS issues on your nexus? Maybe post in slimkat thread to see if anyone else experiences this

Sent from The Deathstar

---------- Post added at 08:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 AM ----------

What I was referring to with GPS is that if you have the wonky GPS problem it could think you are somewhere else and then notice you arent. You know what I am saying.

Sent from The Deathstar
29th March 2014, 06:18 PM   |  #5  
Southport
Thanks Meter: 184

1,288 posts
I know how to cure it. Turn off auto time zone. Download "atomic clock" that will sync it with.... An atomic clock any time you want, or when it is programmed to by you

Sent by mobile telephone.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread