Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Bricked or not ? HELPPP PLEASE !

OP lisaamybeth

6th June 2014, 03:56 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9

93 posts
More
To try cut a very long short I have a Nexus5 that I am now unable to boot. I had used the Skipsoft unified Android toolkit a few months ago to both unlock the bootloader and root the device. I backed up my original OS to my PC. Now last few days I have been unable to access the play store UNLESS on wifi so after trying a new sim card with no success I thought I would use the toolkit to lock the bootloader and unroot the device so I could install the latest 4.4.3 system update(which had already downloaded to the phone), at this point the toolkit chucked up a few errors (DOH..did not write them down, what a thick head). OK so update had downloaded and phone restarts but goes straight into TWRP which now asks for a password WTF ? so then I turn off the phone and back on and all I now have is the google logo spinning and nothing else. It even seems adb does not work is there ANYONE WHO CAN ASSIST ME PLEASE... FEEL LIKE CRYING RIGHT NOW..
Last edited by lisaamybeth; 6th June 2014 at 04:59 PM. Reason: fixed
6th June 2014, 05:03 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,937

11,271 posts
Don't use a tool kit. Use this. If you still have problems post what errors you're getting here.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=47156064

Edit, Google 15 second adb drivers xda. That'll setup fastboot/adb which you'll need. Just follow method one in the link I posted. Backup what you can before preceding off your device as it will
be wiped

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
Last edited by jd1639; 6th June 2014 at 05:07 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to jd1639 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th June 2014, 05:06 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9

93 posts
More
Not bricked - fixed
OK... So managed to format the system then gain access to the new ADB sideload feature to allow me to sideload a new ROM. Thank you to all who read A hope this helps someone..
6th June 2014, 10:51 PM   |  #4  
Flag Craiova
Thanks Meter: 149

452 posts
More
Relocking the bootloader for an OTA is unnecessary just FYI.
That's probably the reason why Twrp asked for a pass. It's generally good (required) to let the system full boot without any mods when factory restoring.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bricked
Previous Thread Next Thread