Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,384 Members 43,430 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Issue with SecretSheep and Hide Caller ID

Tip us?

bionemesis
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Issue with SecretSheep and Hide Caller ID

I'm reaching out here in the hopes of identifying an issue I started having with SecretSheep and subsequently Hide Caller ID. Both apps essentially do the same thing; they block caller id by prefixing calls with a code (#31# in my case) for certain calls. This worked fine on my N5 up until about 1-2 months ago. It may have stopped working with the last update, but I can't be sure. I'm now running CM11 and experiencing the same thing. I've reached out to both devs but they don't know whats wrong. I remember reading about another app that does something to calls and having to be made into a system app, but not sure if that's related.

Basically, looking for any info regarding changes to Android that could break an app that is triggered on outgoing calls. Thanks all!
Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE on Telus

bionemesis
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Found the root cause. RingCentral.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE on Telus

joannn
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by bionemesis View Post
I'm reaching out here in the hopes of identifying an issue I started having with SecretSheep and subsequently Hide Caller ID. Both apps essentially do the same thing; they block caller id by prefixing calls with a code (#31# in my case) for certain calls. This worked fine on my N5 up until about 1-2 months ago. It may have stopped working with the last update, but I can't be sure. I'm now running CM11 and experiencing the same thing. I've reached out to both devs but they don't know whats wrong. I remember reading about another app that does something to calls and having to be made into a system app, but not sure if that's related.

Basically, looking for any info regarding changes to Android that could break an app that is triggered on outgoing calls. Thanks all!
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...red-in-android

Hope it will help you out to understand the root cause behind this.