Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,412 Members 45,252 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Issues after 4.4.3 update

Tip us?

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 10056
First thing to do if something is broken after an OTA is factory reset to see if it is an OS bug or whether you have incompatible data and settings.

It sounds like it would be a pain to do, but you can easily backup with helium nowadays so it needn't be
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AceKingNYC
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
First thing to do if something is broken after an OTA is factory reset to see if it is an OS bug or whether you have incompatible data and settings.

It sounds like it would be a pain to do, but you can easily backup with helium nowadays so it needn't be
+1 - Clean wipe and see, it might fix all of your issues. Hopefully it does

sworn3yes
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:

I didn't tried the factory reset, I went further and flashed the factory image but problems still exist [emoji15]

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 10056
Quote:
Originally Posted by sworn3yes View Post
I didn't tried the factory reset, I went further and flashed the factory image but problems still exist [emoji15]
Did you flash the userdata.img? If not, your data is still there and still possibly causing the issue.
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

Xanaki
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Default GPS not Working

Has anyone else noticed if their GPS is working or not? I was trying to use mine last night and I can see that GPS connects and it brings up the map but then never navigates or even moves from the starting point on the map. Can someone let me know if this is a new problem??? I flashed the N5_4.4.3.zip file that someone pointed me to, as I had asked for a flashable zip file to update to 4.4.3 as I still have not gotten an ota notification from T-Mobile:confused

j'vai
Old
Thanks Meter 14
i have a question also,

what if i like the current mono toned google dialer?

when i get this update & it updates the dialer, is it possible to un-install the dialer update to revert back to the older dialer?

sworn3yes
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Did you flash the userdata.img? If not, your data is still there and still possibly causing the issue.
Yes I did. I flashed the image with the 'flash-all.bat' method which includes it [emoji17]