No registration required

Issues after 4.4.3 update

OP volvoxxda

6th June 2014, 02:25 PM   |  #11  
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 13,793

24,958 posts
More
First thing to do if something is broken after an OTA is factory reset to see if it is an OS bug or whether you have incompatible data and settings.

It sounds like it would be a pain to do, but you can easily backup with helium nowadays so it needn't be
The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th June 2014, 03:58 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 14

122 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

First thing to do if something is broken after an OTA is factory reset to see if it is an OS bug or whether you have incompatible data and settings.

It sounds like it would be a pain to do, but you can easily backup with helium nowadays so it needn't be

+1 - Clean wipe and see, it might fix all of your issues. Hopefully it does
6th June 2014, 03:59 PM   |  #13  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 13

131 posts
More
Quote:

I didn't tried the factory reset, I went further and flashed the factory image but problems still exist [emoji15]
6th June 2014, 04:00 PM   |  #14  
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 13,793

24,958 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sworn3yes

I didn't tried the factory reset, I went further and flashed the factory image but problems still exist [emoji15]

Did you flash the userdata.img? If not, your data is still there and still possibly causing the issue.
6th June 2014, 04:08 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 10

136 posts
GPS not Working
Has anyone else noticed if their GPS is working or not? I was trying to use mine last night and I can see that GPS connects and it brings up the map but then never navigates or even moves from the starting point on the map. Can someone let me know if this is a new problem??? I flashed the N5_4.4.3.zip file that someone pointed me to, as I had asked for a flashable zip file to update to 4.4.3 as I still have not gotten an ota notification from T-Mobile:confused
6th June 2014, 04:24 PM   |  #16  
wash dc
Thanks Meter: 22

158 posts
More
i have a question also,

what if i like the current mono toned google dialer?

when i get this update & it updates the dialer, is it possible to un-install the dialer update to revert back to the older dialer?
7th June 2014, 12:39 PM   |  #17  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 13

131 posts
More
Quote:

Did you flash the userdata.img? If not, your data is still there and still possibly causing the issue.

Yes I did. I flashed the image with the 'flash-all.bat' method which includes it [emoji17]

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread