XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Anyone else having issues with hangouts and pictures

Tip us?

JJsevol
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Default [Q] Anyone else having issues with hangouts and pictures

I received a text/picture via hangouts which I opened to expand. Then someone else sent three pictures in the same conversation converting the message to mms however when I click on any of the second set of pictures it opens briefly and then the first message picture takes over. The only solution I found was to delete the original picture so that I can open any other picture. Is anyone else seeing that issue?
Nexus 5
Don't be shy hit the THANKS

justmart
Old
Thanks Meter 12
YES! I have the same problem! I do not want to delete the first picture. Hangout is broken for MMS! Yet after the last update.
I'm JuSt MaRT! and I'm AWEEESOMEEE!

YO soy Puertorriqueño!

dicecuber
Old
(Last edited by dicecuber; 18th December 2013 at 05:04 PM.)
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 51
How many people still use hangouts? A lot of the free sms/mms apps do everything better and more efficiently

malibu_23
Old
Thanks Meter 118
yea is a mms bug. annoying one at that. i side loaded the original 4.3 sms just so i can view and save MMS slideshows. Google is apparently working on it. fastest send/receiving mms app i ever used tho.

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJsevol View Post
I received a text/picture via hangouts which I opened to expand. Then someone else sent three pictures in the same conversation converting the message to mms however when I click on any of the second set of pictures it opens briefly and then the first message picture takes over. The only solution I found was to delete the original picture so that I can open any other picture. Is anyone else seeing that issue?
i tired your way, but deleting the first pic deletes the whole set for me.

try here for updates on fixes: http://productforums.google.com/foru...Y/KhIAMeYdmbYJ

Nexus 10/Galaxy Nexus
Both rooted and customized to my approved level of awesomeness...
The Following User Says Thank You to malibu_23 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JJsevol
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicecuber View Post
How many people still use hangouts? A lot of the free sms/mms apps do everything better and more efficiently
What app do you recommend? I've been reluctant to try anything else because as much as this bug annoys me, hangouts does a pretty good job at what I need it to do.
Nexus 5

haxrnick
Old
Thanks Meter 21
I use Hello. Beautifully minimal but not for everyone.
The Following User Says Thank You to haxrnick For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JJsevol
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by haxrnick View Post
I use Hello. Beautifully minimal but not for everyone.
I like minimal. So far looks good
Nexus 5

Tags
hangouts, kitkat, mms, sms, texting