Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Issues Receiving Texts

OP nein7three

14th May 2014, 04:15 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Morristown
Thanks Meter: 1

55 posts
More
Hey guys. I'm using hangouts but this happens with any SMS program. My phone vibrates as if I received a text, but the text never appears. Ex: earlier my girlfriend texted me, the phone vibrated, but I never saw the text and it's not there.

I've tried updating PRL and Profile, switching sms programs, everything I can think of. Is anyone else having this problem.

Using Cataclysm btw.
14th May 2014, 09:45 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 30

172 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nein7three

Hey guys. I'm using hangouts but this happens with any SMS program. My phone vibrates as if I received a text, but the text never appears. Ex: earlier my girlfriend texted me, the phone vibrated, but I never saw the text and it's not there.

I've tried updating PRL and Profile, switching sms programs, everything I can think of. Is anyone else having this problem.

Using Cataclysm btw.

Try deleting all sms apps, except ie. Hangouts. Make sure Hangouts is configured to receive textmessages. Send a message to your phone and check which app gives you a notification.

You can also try sms backup and restore app to see if there are any textmessages on your phone.
15th May 2014, 06:38 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Morristown

55 posts
More
Tried all that but thanks! Just did the backup and there's no messages that aren't in my sms program. Frustrating
17th May 2014, 08:05 AM   |  #4  
OP Member
Flag Morristown

55 posts
More
Has anyone else had this problem occur?
17th May 2014, 02:47 PM   |  #5  
wash dc
Thanks Meter: 22

158 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nein7three

Using Cataclysm btw.

question: are most of the texts you look to receive, coming from apple iphones?

Apple's Revenge: iMessage Might Eat Your Texts If You Switch To Android

"When my best friend upgraded from an iPhone 4S to a Galaxy S4, I texted her hello. Unfortunately, she didn't get that text, nor any of the five I sent in the following three days. My iPhone didn't realize she was now an Android user and sent all my texts via iMessage. It wasn't until she called me about going to brunch that I realized she wasn't getting my text messages. What I thought was just a minor bug is actually a much larger problem. One that, apparently, Apple has no idea how to fix. Apple said the company is aware of the situation, but it's not sure how to solve it. One Apple support person said: 'This is a problem a lot of people are facing. The engineering team is working on it but is apparently clueless as to how to fix it. There are no reliable solutions right now — for some people the standard fixes work immediately; many others are in my boat.'"
Last edited by j'vai; 17th May 2014 at 02:50 PM.
20th May 2014, 06:47 AM   |  #6  
OP Member
Flag Morristown

55 posts
More
No, no one this is happening with has an iPhone or ever did. All pure android accounts. And I sure as heck never had an iPhone
20th May 2014, 10:39 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 30

172 posts
More
Try it with another SIM card in your phone and put your card in another phone, heck, just switch cards with your girlfriend's phone and see what happens

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread