Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,775 Members 41,020 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Jacked myself up - help please

Tip us?

Lethargy
Old
Thanks Meter 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadra View Post
by adb drivers, I mean adb/fastboot or SDK and drivers of the phone that's always included.
My point is you actually need to know how to use them to be able to restore it to a factory image.

Sent from my Nexus 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyphur
You ask us to understand your position. Well if you want to benefit from our experience and time then I think it is only fair that you understand our position.

Seadra
Old
Thanks Meter 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Letharqy View Post
My point is you actually need to know how to use them to be able to restore it to a factory image.

Sent from my Nexus 5
Seriously?

After downloading adb/fastboot and downloading the factory image , just 3 steps man.

- Install SDK or directly install adb/fastboot whose installer you can easily find with a quick XDA search or Google search.
- Attach your phone with laptop/pc
- Double click flash-all.bat from factory image and wait for the reboot.

Done!

Lethargy
Old
Thanks Meter 752
Quote:
Seriously?

After downloading adb/fastboot and downloading the factory image , just 3 steps man.

- Install SDK or directly install adb/fastboot whose installer you can easily find with a quick XDA search or Google search.
- Attach your phone with laptop/pc
- Double click flash-all.bat from factory image and wait for the reboot.

Done!
Most of us don't reflash every single .img, but oh well, that's your choice if you don't want to know how to use adb/fastboot. flash-all.bat is essentially a toolkit.

Quote:
You ask us to understand your position. Well if you want to benefit from our experience and time then I think it is only fair that you understand our position.

Seadra
Old
Thanks Meter 205
Quote:
Most of us don't reflash every single .img, but oh well, that's your choice if you don't want to know how to use adb/fastboot. flash-all.bat is essentially a toolkit.

Dude, I know how to use commands, I'm just making it easier for OP just for now as his phone wasn't working at all. Commands can be learned on next day, first and foremost important thing is for him to have a working phone.

Lethargy
Old
Thanks Meter 752
Quote:
Dude, I know how to use commands, I'm just making it easier for OP just for now as his phone wasn't working at all. Commands can be learned on next day, first and foremost important thing is for him to have a working phone.
How would you learn the commands properly if you've never used them?
Quote:

Seadra
Old
Thanks Meter 205
Quote:
How would you learn the commands properly if you've never used them?
I have used them plenty of times, please read back my posts again. I was just trying to help OP with a shortcut, and afterwards when his phone is alright, he can do experiments.

RoyJ
Old
(Last edited by RoyJ; 10th May 2014 at 10:17 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1215
Are you kids done here? Seriously... OP had his issue sorted on the first page after I linked him to the stickies! Why in Gods name did you continue your little cat fight for two pages?! Grow up & stop wasting bandwidth ffs. *facepalm*

Read back the last 2 pages. It's just sad...
*Click for device info

ROM: All of them at least once
KERNEL: Bricked Stable
RECOVERY: TWRP 2.3.6.4
Other Devices: Galaxy Nexus

The Following User Says Thank You to RoyJ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]