Jawbone UP24

OP absoluterebirth

1st May 2014, 01:02 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 96

318 posts
More
I'm going to start doing Cross Country this upcoming school year and my teacher recommended I buy an activity tracker. I just wanted to know if anyone is using/has used the Jawbone UP24 with their Nexus 5 and how their experience has been? Any incompatibilities?
1st May 2014, 03:57 AM   |  #2  
Flag NJ
Thanks Meter: 420

883 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by absoluterebirth

I'm going to start doing Cross Country this upcoming school year and my teacher recommended I buy an activity tracker. I just wanted to know if anyone is using/has used the Jawbone UP24 with their Nexus 5 and how their experience has been? Any incompatibilities?

i have the jawbone up24, syncs without problem to my nexus 5 (via bluetooth)

typically, i leave BT off on my nexus 5 and only sync at 12pm and 5pm. there isn't a way to disable BT on the up24 itself, but it uses BLE, so low energy usage(up24 w/ BT = 7 days battery time, up w/o BT = 10 days)

nexus 5 itself has a pedometer... if you run with your nexus 5, maybe you don't need a separate item? (typically, i feel nexus 5 overcounts my steps vs the up24)

don't really do much running (mostly gym weights / cardio). bought it more for the smart alarm feature

amazon recently added a new section for wearables and activity tracker

http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=9013937011
Last edited by paperWastage; 1st May 2014 at 04:10 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to paperWastage For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread