Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

[Q] Which jtag/usb jig does work on a Nexus 5

4th March 2014, 11:24 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I bought my Nexus 5 just a couple of weeks ago and yesterday it bricked all of a sudden. The phone isn't rooted and/or modded.
I'm going to send it back and receive a new one but I'd really like to see if I can unbrick it on my own (assuming the problem isn't hardware).

Is there a jtag/usb jig that works for the Nexus 5?

Thank you
4th March 2014, 11:42 AM   |  #2  
Flag Cork
Thanks Meter: 161

424 posts
More
Is it a hard brick? I'd be surprised if it was since you haven't so much as rooted it. Are you able to boot into the bootloader by holding down the volume down key when powering on?
4th March 2014, 11:57 AM   |  #3  
Flag Göd
Thanks Meter: 672

1,109 posts
More
It is a hard brick. The emmc died on the phone. As far as I know there is no jig for nexus 5. There is a service cable for nexus 5 but it is useless without the lg programmes and files, and even with that you cannot unbruck your phone because the flash chip died (emmc)

Tapatalk-kal küldve az én Nexus 5-el
4th March 2014, 12:11 PM   |  #4  
Flag Cork
Thanks Meter: 161

424 posts
More
Well if it's a hardware fault I'd send it back, chances are if you do manage to fix the one you have it'll just happen again.
4th March 2014, 03:56 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
It's absolutely a hard brick. I cannot turn it on in any mode. Plugging in the a/c doesn't do anything. I left there charging the whole night without any luck. I tried to power it on with all the possible combos.

When I send it back will they wipe it or they will try to recover my data? Is it better to change all my passwords?
4th March 2014, 05:29 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 382

1,736 posts
Don't know what they'll do over at Google, but, sure, now would be a good time to change your passwords. You change them regularly anyway, right?
4th March 2014, 09:05 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 533

512 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lennox.xonnel

It's absolutely a hard brick. I cannot turn it on in any mode. Plugging in the a/c doesn't do anything. I left there charging the whole night without any luck. I tried to power it on with all the possible combos.

When I send it back will they wipe it or they will try to recover my data? Is it better to change all my passwords?

If you can't even turn it on, it's almost definitely a hardware fault and you should send it back to Google. Most likely, they'll send you a new phone and either throw away the one you sent them or replace the internals, which means your data will be gone. If you're concerned, you can change your passwords, but there's almost no chance of the (inaccessible) data from your phone posing a security threat.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Nexus 5 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank