5,599,842 Members 46,021 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Who will be jumping off the nexus bandwagon?

Tip us?

zelendel
Old
Moderator Committee - The Dark Knight
Thanks Meter 10488

DONATE TO ME
OK guys let's calm down. The nexus is not really advertised alot anywhere. It is a device targeting developers. And like all the best technology it doesn't need to be advertised alot to make it sell. Unlike gimmick devices. Those that will use the device for what it is intended for know where to find it.

Bat cave One

If hard work pays off then easy work is worthless
SearchFu
Never Ask someone to do something your not willing to at least try to do yourself.
"Gotham is the work of a madman"- NunHugger Current Nexus 5-12 Nightly

gee2012
Old
(Last edited by gee2012; 4th February 2014 at 08:18 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2556
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicecuber View Post
Worst mistake of my life? Hahaha

Sent from my Nexus 5
Dude, just leave this forum and continue your rant on a iOS forum, you`ll make lots of friends there

-Edit- Just reported this thread as ranting without any purpose and hope it will be put out of its misery soon.
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue
The Following User Says Thank You to gee2012 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Oliie23
Old
Thanks Meter 8
While I'm enjoying my newly acquired N5 I must say this is my last Nexus device. It's a great phone but it has it's downsides. I think Nexus line is going downhill. This phone has a faulty mic (or the noise cancellation; either way, making calls is problematic), the camera is meh (not bad but I wouldn't say it's something awesome), the screen is meh (coming from the SAMOLED Galaxy Nexus I just can't love the IPS's backlight). The loudspeaker is nothing special and my 3 main gripes - the nonremovable battery, the difficulty of field-switching SIM cards and the lack of external storage. Then there's the question of availability (I had to go through quite a process to acquire a 32gb N5, and the Nexus phones are rather lacking in my country, which is going to make selling it fairly hard as there's literally zero advertising of those phones) and the price. Of course the price that is on Play in US is rather low, but the european version, and in a place where Play still doesn't operate, the price is pretty much that of other, more capable phones.

That said, while I'm not gonna buy a Nexus, I'm even more definitely not going to buy a Samsung. I hate the direction Samsung has taken. Their phones, while quite capable, look awful, lack real innovation (well, I'm not really part of their target audience I suppose) and are hardly customizable (trouble with new ROMs and stuff, from what I've heard). I'm probably going to go for an HTC or a Sony phone, but I will also closely monitor how is LG doing (I have an aversion to them but seeing as G2 and N5 are good phones I might just get convinced) and what's going to be with the next Motorola (the Google one).
The Following User Says Thank You to Oliie23 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dicecuber
Old
Account currently disabled - OP
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012 View Post
Dude, just leave this forum and continue your rant on a iOS forum, you`ll make lots of friends there

-Edit- Just reported this thread as ranting without any purpose and hope it will be put out of its misery soon.
Meanie!

Sent from my Nexus 5

zelendel
Old
Moderator Committee - The Dark Knight
Thanks Meter 10488

DONATE TO ME
Plainly said. This is a developers forum and I have allowed this long enough.

Bat cave One

If hard work pays off then easy work is worthless
SearchFu
Never Ask someone to do something your not willing to at least try to do yourself.
"Gotham is the work of a madman"- NunHugger Current Nexus 5-12 Nightly

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to zelendel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe