Keeping VZW Unlimited Data - Possible Nexus 5 Purchase
I'm one of those fortunate to be grandfathered in to VZW's unlimited data and I do not want to lose that. What my family has done in the past is the following:
- Purchase a new smartphone at the 2 yr activation price
- Take my grandmother's basic phone account and upgrade it to a smartphone plan
- Activate the newly purchased smartphone under my grandmother's account
- Switch the phone over to my account
- Re-add my grandmother's basic phone and downgrade the account to basic
This allowed us to keep our unlimited data on the 4 smartphone lines that we have by using my grandmother's basic phone line.
Now the question I was wondering is if I would have to continue doing this process on an unlocked
phone such as the Nexus 5?
Please let me know if you need any other information.
If you find one of my comments useful, please don't forget to click the "Thanks" meter!
List of Mobile Devices Used/Have (from most recent):
- Samsung Galaxy Note II (Current)
- HTC Thunderbolt