Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,547 Members 45,688 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Kernel advice

Tip us?

ckavvouras
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 86
Default Kernel advice

Looking for kernel that can save me some juice during the day, been finding my nexus is a bit of a power hog, any advice would be great. Thank you

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

ldubs
Old
Thanks Meter 24
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2477889

right above yours...

Insert witty, pithy, androidy statement here

_MetalHead_
Old
Thanks Meter 2000

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
\m/(-_-)\m/
The Following User Says Thank You to _MetalHead_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mistahseller
Old
Thanks Meter 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckavvouras View Post
Looking for kernel that can save me some juice during the day, been finding my nexus is a bit of a power hog, any advice would be great. Thank you

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
I recommend chaos kernel, comes with NXT app. You can downclock, undervolt, and change the governor. Very useful.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2551441

But yes what the guys said above me, no best ROMs/ kernels thread. Reading and searching are your friends.

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 20736
really, the best way to find your devices best kernel on battery is to try them out, decide on the one thats best for your device, and for your personal needs and usage. all our devices vary, so do our usages, and so do our needs. anyways..

battery life is determined by your personal usage, your person setup, your personal method of app management, and most importantly battery life is determined by the quality of your personal data/phone signal. everything else, including undervolting, only provides negligible results. thats why no matter what rom you are running, no matter what kernel you are running, no matter if you are using dalvik or ART, there are people that will say that it gives them great battery life while others say it doesnt give them great battery life.
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!
The Following User Says Thank You to simms22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]