5,600,429 Members 32,842 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Kernel settings?

Tip us?
 
cables2590
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 170
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Elgin
Default Kernel settings?

Based on us kernel settings which governor/sio combination works the best for a balanced phone... Also I'll like to know other settings I the kernel that u might use... Thanx

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
 
thenobol
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 126
Posts: 164
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by cables2590 View Post
Based on us kernel settings which governor/sio combination works the best for a balanced phone... Also I'll like to know other settings I the kernel that u might use... Thanx

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
mostly interactive or ondemand + 2048bit row scheduler or fiops.. with those I experienced the best UX.
for other settings:
e.g. multicore power saving, so not so much cores are used permanently, underclockig (damn be nexus 5 has so much power, u never need it!) maybe overclocking the gpu (ingress is a beast!) also some hotplug controlling, for loadthreshold an so on!
you can google for mbqs CPU guide,
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2325518

or look here, small apk, providing many infos
Keep Calm, and push the THANKS button
Nexus 5
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thenobol For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
cables2590
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 170
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Elgin
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenobol View Post
mostly interactive or ondemand + 2048bit row scheduler or fiops.. with those I experienced the best UX.
for other settings:
e.g. multicore power saving, so not so much cores are used permanently, underclockig (damn be nexus 5 has so much power, u never need it!) maybe overclocking the gpu (ingress is a beast!) also some hotplug controlling, for loadthreshold an so on!
you can google for mbqs CPU guide,
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2325518

or look here, small apk, providing many infos
Is that a link for an app or kernel... I'm just confused cuz of the zip file... Also I think I need a new kernel because I don't have all of them options... Even with trickster mod

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
 
sinkster
Old
#4  
sinkster's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 305
Posts: 1,161
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Glasgow
Quote:
Originally Posted by cables2590 View Post
?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
Try or die. Never ask which ROM/kernel is best.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
 
cables2590
Old
#5  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 170
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Elgin
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinkster View Post
Try or die. Never ask which ROM/kernel is best.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
I never asked which kernel or for... See u are misunderstanding the question... I'm asking about settings and sio/governor combo works best and other settings... I never asked to name a best kernel

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
 
sinkster
Old
#6  
sinkster's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 305
Posts: 1,161
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Glasgow
Quote:
Originally Posted by cables2590 View Post
I never asked which kernel or for... See u are misunderstanding the question... I'm asking about settings and sio/governor combo works best and other settings... I never asked to name a best kernel

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
True, you never asked which kernel was best. But questions regarding the kernel settings can be found in the relevant threads, creating a separate thread is pointless, really. The best way to find out is follow the thread, and experiment with the tuneables yourself.
 
thenobol
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 126
Posts: 164
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by cables2590 View Post
Is that a link for an app or kernel... I'm just confused cuz of the zip file... Also I think I need a new kernel because I don't have all of them options... Even with trickster mod

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
for an app

in 2014 my own one will appear
Keep Calm, and push the THANKS button
Nexus 5

The Following User Says Thank You to thenobol For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Intelligently Place Contacts on Your Home Screen with CallWho Widget

There are plenty of ways to get your contacts to show up on your … more

Control TWRP from within Android with TWRP Coordinator

You may recall that back when TWRP2 introduced a couple of years ago, it brought with … more

Keep Track of Everything Your Device Does with Event Logger

Regardless of their OS choice, computing power users generally share one common … more

A More Competitive Spin on the Addictive 2048 Puzzle

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we talked about a rather interesting take on … more