Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,311 Members 48,616 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Kernels with CIFS/NFS support

Tip us?

phobox360
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Kernels with CIFS/NFS support

Hi all

This post will hopefully serve two purposes, one to help me find what Im looking for and the second to help other find similar.

Im looking for an N5 kernel that supports both CIFS and NFS, either built in or in the form of loadable modules. I have so far tried Faux and Franco, latest versions of both. I cant mount CIFS or NFS using the mount command with either of them. Are there any kernels on the N5 that support this properly?

If anyone knows any perhaps we can compile a list here so its clear which kernels support which features, searching high and low and trawling through kernel changelogs to find what I need is becoming quite laborious. Kind of makes me wonder why most kernel devs dont seem to want to publish a comprehensive feature list for their kernels, some do but most unfortunately dont.

Thanks in advance.

roustabout
Old
Thanks Meter 195
From what I can see there are kernels that support cifs - look in /system/lib/modules/ for cifs.ko.
[
I have not yet found a viable nfs module for the stock nexus, nor have I found a way to get the mount command to work.

It looks as if CM based roms may be able to deal with this, though.

MrObvious
Old
Thanks Meter 262
Could you compile your own? If you want just to be able to simply transfer files ES File Explorer supports at least CIFS.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

phobox360
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thus far I've found that Faux supports NFS, I'm able to mount directly via the busybox mount command, it just required a slight modification to the syntax. Unfortunately I've still not found any that support CIFS not even one that has the loadable modules for it. And I need these for shell scripts I'm using, which operate independently of apps so the usual file manager apps are of no use.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Tags
cifs, kernel, nexus 5